Lost husky in Sijhih area

One of our dogs went missing sometime yesterday. Talking to the neighbours and it seems three of them got out of the house/yard early in the day, but only the husky has run off (the rest were inside napping when we got home).

He answers to the name “Teru” or “Telu” and he ran off somewhere around Balian Rd. Section 1 (near Siwan Rd. Section 2), kind of in the middle of nowhere. We’ve checked the immediate area and he doesn’t seem to be around any of our surrounding communities. He’s a fast and pretty tireless runner, so he could have gone quite a while already (plus he may have had a 6 hours head start on us).

If anybody sees him, please let me know. My number is 0955000609. I’m not concerned what time of day or night it is, naturally.

He’s easily recognizable in that his ears look fine, but one of them has been injured and has sealed itself (so if you try to stick anything larger than a cotton swab in there, it won’t fit). Also his bark is very hollow because some bastard cut his vocal cords. He’s approaching 15 years old, so his teeth show the wear of an older dog. He was wearing a red collar.

Please please please, if you live in or around Sijhih, take a quick look at the picture and if you see him just give me a buzz.

Good luck, and damn the bastard that cut his cords.

Thanks man. No leads so far.

And yeah, the idea that a vet would actually slice into the throat of a dog just because it barks sometimes… unbelievable. Just take him for a walk, damn it!

By the way, if anybody does see him, don’t be afraid to approach. He’s very tame.

[quote=“gaboman”]Thanks man. No leads so far.

And yeah, the idea that a vet would actually slice into the throat of a dog just because it barks sometimes… unbelievable. Just take him for a walk, damn it!

By the way, if anybody does see him, don’t be afraid to approach. He’s very tame.[/quote]

A vet??? That’s one sick vet? I guess they don’t take away licenses for that bs in this wonderland.

Do you know how to post on the local BBS chat forums in Chinese? There are a lot more local eyes than foreign ones. Try telnet://ptt.cc, which has a pets section. According to Dragonbabe, it is best used with PCman software, which you can get for free online. She says you might not be able to read it if your Windows is the English version, plus joining the BBS involves a delay of several days, so if any of these are a problem or if you can’t read & write in Chinese, PM Dragonbabe and she’ll post a brief translation of your above OP for you, with a link to the above pic.

We’ll keep our eyes open in the Neihu-Donghu area for you too. Be sure to put up posters at the pet shops and vets around Nangang, Donghu and eastern Neihu too.

[quote=“Jack Burton”]A vet??? That’s one sick vet? I guess they don’t take away licenses for that bs in this wonderland.[/quote]I’m just guessing that it was a vet. I can’t say I’ve ever met one that does the operation. Or at least their smart enough to keep their yaps shut about it.

Thanks for the offer Dragonbones. My wife’s local, so she can handle all the Chinesey stuff.

Ok, best of luck! I just edited the above to include the website name, which is telnet://ptt.cc. Have her try that.

This one too: http://www.netpage.com.tw/lost/ exclusively for lost and found

and http://www.kijiji.com.tw has a section for that, and high visibility.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the sites guys. I’ve passed them along.

You could always try the cable ads… :wink:

Sorry to hear that, gaboman. Huskies are renowned for their tendency to run off.

Make sure you visit the Taipei Animal Shelter every few days: http://www.tmiah.tcg.gov.tw/html/place.htm#2 Don’t rely on them to look out for the dog for you, nor to give you accurate info as to what dogs they have. You really must go and look in person, even if the dog has a chip, just in case they miss it.

I have a feeling we’ll have a happy ending to this thread very soon though.

We went around to pet stores and vets tonight to put up fliers. The last one we went to said that someone had called them and told them that they’d found a husky - a very tame one - and they should give them a call if someone’s lost one. We got the number and have been calling, but no answer so far. My wife sent an SMS too, but still nothing (we’ve been trying for about an hour). The person was talking on the phone about 5 minutes ago though.

I guess I’m just anxious to know if that’s my dog or not, but it does seem like a bit too much of a coincidence. The anticipation is killing me.

My fingers are crossed for you!

Just got back from the guy’s house; it wasn’t our Teru. Looked a lot like him, but it wasn’t him. A bit smaller, much younger. Just as handsome.

Hitting the Animal Shelter tomorrow.

[quote=“gaboman”]Just got back from the guy’s house; it wasn’t our Teru. Looked a lot like him, but it wasn’t him. A bit smaller, much younger. Just as handsome.

Hitting the Animal Shelter tomorrow.[/quote]

If you can write chinese, try this http://husky.xxking.com/member-4/board.asp?Page=1&Sort=TimeDesc

Its a BBS for husky enthusiasts in Taiwan. There are postings there for lost/found/up for adoptions.

We’ve picked up a Husky that looks almost identical to our Teru. He’s only about 2 years old, and can’t have been lost for two longs (it’s at least 2 days, since the person who found him saw him on the road a few days ago… he’s pretty damn malnourished though, but clean… so I don’t know). He’s got a red collar with studs. Looks new.

If anybody’s lost a husky similar to that one, please give me a call (0955000609). If we don’t come across the owner in the next few days we’re going to start finding a home for him… so if you’re interested in giving him a home, also call me.

No luck with our little guy just yet.

It’s amazing how much lost/abandoned black and white huskies there are in my area. We saw one yesterday who was left at a temple (no collar, so I’m assuming he was abandoned. Still very young, but not the most excitable sort). One eye was blue, one eye was brown. He was gorgeous. There’s somebody feeding them there from time to time, so we think he’ll be okay there for the time being. We don’t have room anyway.

Still no luck with our Teru. It’s been quite a while too…

Was there a happy ending to this story???