Lost Mail 2021/2022

Hey good people,

I had a parcel sent to me by courier from the US. It got from the US to Taoyuan in the time you would expect, however, once it got to Taoyuan, it disappeared. Having checked the tracking number on the USPS website, it said that the parcel had DEPARTED Taoyuan airport and was en route to its final destination (entering the same tracking number into Chunghwa Post, it says NO DATA). This was more than a week ago so I am a little concerned.

So anyway, I’m wondering if anybody has recently had any experience with incoming parcels (couriered) being delayed and how long you had to wait. Also would like to hear from anybody who has recently had mail lost and hopefully recovered.

I’m hoping for “this is what you can do about it” responses (beyond check the tracking number) but would also appreciate “this is how long it took in my case” or “this is what is happening” responses.

Thanks!

Pretty common. It’ll probably show up at your door before you see it online.
Or it will say delivered but come the next day. The holiday surely slowed things down too.

1 Like

The USPS tacking number only works while the package is tracked by the USPS. Taiwan Post does not use the same tracking number.

You use the USPS number on their international tracking page, at least for priority and express.

I’m missing two letters that were sent from the US in December, so I’ve decided that postal systems are just fucked right now.

1 Like

Something sent to me via Amazon two months ago disappeared. No clue where it went. Address was correct, but after section, the Lane # din’t say Lane it said Sec. 1, 160 then house #
Do they ever get returned to sender?

Remember we are just coming out of a four day weekend.

I’d say give it a few more days.

Guy

Just call the post office and they can tell you where to go pick it up. I’ve done it many times when people write addresses wrong.

Just wondering if there were any updates on this, if your package ultimately got delivered? In a similar boat, but one week out :slight_smile:

Yes, the parcel did arrive - 2 weeks late.

The person who typed in the address misspelled “Guangzhou Street” as "GuangzhOO Street so maybe that had something to do with it.

1 Like

Speak of the devil, just got my package! I guess for posterity, packages do get delivered, just not as fast as you’d like.

Vindicated! :rofl:

Guy

I’m still waiting on my $600 and W2 all of which was sent usps in February :(. Is there any hope lol

1 Like

I am waiting for my new credit card sent on Apr 9th. I did get my pin number though which was sent on the 11th.

Bought a GPU in February from Russia. Its journey has consisted of taking a nationwide tour before stopping in the UAE and then paying a visit to eat Pho in Vietnam.

It’s been like that since Siberian Air cancelled its direct flights to Taipei. :rofl:

Guy

I weirdly got a text (today! Wtf!) from ups saying I have a package and they need my address. My family sent it through usps and I have no other packages :woozy_face: not sure if a fake spam message???
Actually it was spam. Damn :sob:

My USPS priority 3 day is delayed by 3 weeks and no ETA. They ghosted me.

1 Like

Stuck “in transit to destination” at CK memorial hall, it’s taken more time to arrive 20m away than internationally shipped from California.

Who do I call for this? I have a USPS tracking number that’s stuck, and USPS package info doesn’t support international shipping extended info.

In this instance the CKS refers to Taoyuan Airport. Probably just stuck in customs for a bit, it happens.

1 Like