Lost Mail 2021/2022

Don’t worry. My mail is doing a world tour!

From multiple cities in Russia, a few in the UAE and now it’s in Vietnam for some reason.

I bought the thing 5 months ago.

I should be a parcel next. I’d get more travel opportunities as noted by mail’s travel history.

2 Likes

It’d be really lost if it’s actually at Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall.

1 Like

Just arrived this morning!

1 Like

Usually in taiwan, customs is the choke point. It is rarely the logistics services post clearing the customs dogs and tax dogs.

You can bark back at the logistics companies, no issues. If you bark at customs, dont get emotional when your parcel gets burned, missing or returned to sender haha. Good rule to.follow, globally; though, taiwan is generally very good, especially compared to broken systems like in the USA, india, Philippines etc. The issue now is the ccp virus and the government dealing with a 3 way attack: china/chinese kmt sabotage, from the fact they want to protect people from the ccp virus/the absolute onslaught of mail orders due to shop closures (also due to ccp virus). be patient, they are still normally faster than most of the planet. In times like this, for domestic deliveries i suggest using post. Courriers are bogged down pretty bad these days

Nothing to do with Taiwan, but true story: I mailed about 20 postcards from Hanoi to the US and Taiwan (including one to myself) during my first trip to Vietnam. After months of not arriving I gave up hope. Finally they arrived one year later!

I didn’t have the same luck in Morocco. I mailed a number of postcards from Marrakesh in February of 2016 and so far none of them have arrived.

2 Likes

Resurrecting this thread. My USPS Priority Mail is still stuck in the following status:

Your item departed a transfer airport in CHIANG KAI SHEK, TAIPEI, TAIWAN on August 17, 2021 at 2:22 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

For the peeps that received their packages, did the status ever change to something else? Or was it just delivered and the status stayed the same. @dylanh724 @Taiwanexpert

In my experience that usually means your mail has been handed over to customs. Could be another week or two before it gets to you, but it could also arrive tomorrow. Just depends on how quickly the customs folks process it and how quickly the postal folks get it moving after that.

When my packages are delivered, this status remains on the tracking page for a few days afterward, then it usually changes to “delivered”.

Ah I see. So when should I technically start panicking? 21 business days after the 17th?

Hopefully it never gets to that point but as every passing day goes by I’m losing hope :weary:

How long have you been waiting for it now? I can usually expect the package within two weeks (including non-business days) from the day that status shows up.

But if you’re really concerned about it, or if it doesn’t show up soon, take the tracking number to the post office and see if they can find it for you. I had a package that was stuck on “departed from CKS” for about a month! Went to the local post office to ask for their help in tracking it down and they called me the next morning to tell me it was on its way for delivery.

Also, maybe there’s a delay right now for some reason. I’m in the same boat, waiting for a “departed” package since the 20th :disappointed_relieved:

2022*

Two weeks in customs now this. :frowning: Brilliant.

No one spoke English on the English line. Told me to call another line and they didn’t speak English either.

Reminds me of that time they never called and I caught them trying to send the package back. Ugh.

It’s a holiday.

1 Like

I’m actually a bit scared they are sending it back. When I look at track trace it’s says " Attempted delivery/Item forwarded" I’m trying to get the address changed.

I didn’t think shipping would take this long or would have changed it.

There’s not much point in worrying about it now. The next working day is Monday.

1 Like

Has anyone ever seen this?

Screenshot is from USPS tracking for first class mail.

Package says it was delivered on 3/10, but I never received it. Maybe delivered = handed off to Chunghwa Post?

What does it say on Chungwha Post end? Package delivered? @autorelease

It’s possible to check with Changhwa Post? All I have is a USPS tracking number.

I think it’s the same tracking number. At least I remember mine being the same. @autorelease

Two resent parcels from book depository never arrived, plus the original, three parcels in total MIA from the UK. Book depository will not send any more. With no tracking it’s hard to say what went wrong on what side.

2 Likes

This was super handy @deepshelter, thanks! I had no idea the number also works in Taiwan.

Just called them and they claimed they attempted to deliver it (but I never got a call or doorbell ring…), they are going to try again (or so they claim…).

2 Likes