Lost my smartphone - what should I do to protect my accounts

In my haste this morning, I left my smartphone in the cab I took :doh: I didn’t get a receipt from the driver so that’s long gone

I am most concerned about my privacy right now. I used an Android phone, so had it hooked to my various email accounts. I have now changed my web passwords. Anything else I should be aware of?

Go to your provider and ask for a new Sim, they’ll block the old one …

And next time … don’t put your phone on the seat, make it a habit to put it in your pocket when not using.

OK, step number one when one does a dumbass move like I just did – call your phone and ask for him to come back.

It took me this long to figure that out. And, believe it or not, he came back with it! Good heavens, I love this country some times! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:doh: that’s exactly what happened!

They’re quite good like that in Taiwan. Would likely not happen here on the Mainland.

[quote=“ed”]OK, step number one when one does a dumbass move like I just did – call your phone and ask for him to come back.

[/quote]

I tried that one when I lost my phone while driving my scooter … no answer, guess it got flattened by a car or truck …

Nice!

If you happen to lose your Android phone again in the future, you can keep your emails secure by changing your Google account password asap. It will log out all your long-lived authorized logins (mobile device, browsers with a stored login cookie, etc). If you have other sensitive data on your phone (e.g. an Exchange login, sensitive files and pictures) then you can also get a remote wiping app like WaveSecure.

As jashu said, Wave Secure is good. I am reminded how good when I was playing SIM/phone shuffle with my colleagues the other day.

Also setting a pattern password might be enough to convince a potential culprit to have a heart enough to answer after they discover this hurdle and you call them.

Any of you have firsthand experience with Wave Secure? Do I need to have either GPS or A-GPS turned on all the time for my Nexus One?