Lost reg. and insurance cards: process for replacement?

Lost my wallet on the weekend, with blue card and insurance card inside. My mechanic says replacing them is an easy process:

1. Buy new insurance (and card),
  2. Go to DMV with ARC, chop and insurance card,
  3. Pay a fee (±$150),
  4. Receive new blue card.

Does my mechanic stand corrected? Your experience and suggestions please…

Cheers!

[quote=“Dirt Merchant”]Lost my wallet on the weekend, with blue card and insurance card inside. My mechanic says replacing them is an easy process:

1. Buy new insurance (and card),
  2. Go to DMV with ARC, chop and insurance card,
  3. Pay a fee (±$150),
  4. Receive new blue card.

Does my mechanic stand corrected? Your experience and suggestions please…

Cheers![/quote]
Better yet, give your stuff to the wrench and ask him to do it for you – he’ll probably charge you about NT$100 for the service, but it saves you the hassle of dealing with the DMV folks.

Sandman, should I want to change ownership at this point, could I? Go to the DMV with my ARC, chop and insurance, and buyer’s ARC and chop?

Would that work?

I don’t see why not. I bought my last bike off a furriner and his mechanic took care of all the paperwork. Saves you both a trip to the DMV for very little extra cost.

Well, this post rounds off a day that has turned to gold. Taichung CID detective calls me at 4pm to tell me that a foreign fella showed up at the copshop, with my passport in hand.

He picked it up off the street and handed it in to them. He didn’t leave his details. To that man: you are a champ! You put a smile mile-wide on this dial.

He left the cash (2K) and cards in. Good fella! Happy owner! No need to visit the DMV for a bit…

Thanks nonetheless Sandman…

Nice one!