Lost youbike

I left a youbike outside a bar and when I went back to look for it (about a day later-I know, brilliant), there was no trace. What are the chances it was stolen? Does the city regularly round up abandoned bikes? I looked up the replacement fee and it’s about $9000, so that is going to suck (though totally deserved).

Goto police and report lost

After going to police and file a report, you need to call 02-89785511 to report (they could get someone speaking English to help you).
Or if your English incomprehensible to locals, you could e-mail them here
service-taipei@youbike.com.tw
Unlike most Taiwanese company, they will reply ASAP.
Scanned attachment of the police report would be handy.

The thing is I’m not sure if it’s lost or misplaced.

Maybe you better just pay the 9000NTD.
Who knows what else you are not sure about regarding this lost time-frame.

A fair price to pay for my stupidity but not for a youbike.

Yeah, but I was joking. Go report it and if you are lucky, it’s been found already.

I will :slight_smile:

how many beers later was it “lost”?

i always have dreams of being unable to find my parked car or scooter.

1 Like

You might want to read my Ubike experience here. I sure hope you get better results.

Too many to be riding a youbike after the bar :frowning: I got a text from them saying my account is still wracking up, but haven’t heard anything since. I looked at the kiosk and I can’t tell if it was returned, though if I try to rent a new one it’s an error 6 “insufficient funds”. I’ll just bite the bullet and call them tomorrow.

Next time, if there is a next time,
use the locking mechanism that’s in the basket. Lock it to something instead of locking the wheel.

Next and final step is to not lose the key.

Did you lock the front wheel when you left it at the bar?
Ask the bar for video footage if they have a camera outside and see who took it.

9k is a lot, but won’t make you poor. lol.

What color was it? We’ll keep an eye out.

4 Likes

Are you even allowed to do that? The lock is meant to lock the front wheel, and the cable is just long enough to go out the basket, through the wheel, and into the lock.

9000 NTD is around 300 USD. A reasonable price for a 3-speed city bike.

Source: I worked at bike shops in Colorado (USA) for several years.