Loud and inconsiderate

[quote=“bob”]A lot of people start yelling when they feel that nobody is listening to them. Hmm…[/quote]You foreigners just don’t understand Taiwanese culture. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

This is why I like spending so much time at the NTU library … no talking, no grannies yacking and grunting on cell phones at the top of their voices, and you can’t get in unless you’re over 20 years old, so no kids running around and being pests. An oasis of peace and quiet! (except for the occasional sound of snoring from the dozens of students napping there … :unamused: )

I thought this issue was settled more than a year ago in a thread of an initially similar theme, and that the final consensus was that Americans are the main source of noise here.

Gasp…wheeze…gufaawww…crawling back up…ha ha ha ha……tears of mirth are flowing…heeeeelp…wheeeze… :help: :notworthy: :notworthy: :bravo: :bravo: :laughing:

WOW! This thread is MEAN! I think Bob and Hobart need to control their tempers before they write flame posts telling people to leave the country. I thought forums were designed so people could voice their opinion? I just think some of these people just need to vent. Why not on a forum?

In my opinion, my wife is extremely loud while talking on her cell phone. I sometimes have to remind her of how loud she is when we are out in public. When we are with family it is fine; however, I have met some Taiwanese with really obnoxious voices.

I was raised to be considerate of others. Most Taiwanese seem to be raised to… well… I still haven’t figured it out, but it sure doesn’t involve thinking of others. Otherwise, why would they cut in line? Why would they set off fireworks at 7:00 in the morning on a Saturday? Why would they open a karaoke bar underneath an apartment building and sing until 3:00 a.m.? The list goes on, but I hope I can teach my children to be more considerate and respectful of others.

As for the loud talking… I have just tuned it out. I don’t even think about it anymore. If someone has a big problem I would recommend an MP3 player.

I think the Western notion of taking a proactive approach in actually “raising” one’s children (i.e. teaching them about life, manners, the world, how to take care of oneself, etc.) hasn’t caught on much here yet. Plus, since many parents work full-time, children are often raised by grandparents whose level of education most likely didn’t proceed past elementary or junior high school … so it’s kind of a vicious cycle.

I think the Western notion of taking a proactive approach in actually “raising” one’s children (i.e. teaching them about life, manners, the world, how to take care of oneself, etc.) hasn’t caught on much here yet. Plus, since many parents work full-time, children are often raised by grandparents whose level of education most likely didn’t proceed past elementary or junior high school … so it’s kind of a vicious cycle.[/quote]

Eggs-acktly. I can’t even remember the number of times we have heard “Little Johnny doesn’t want to come to your school because you insist that he does his homework and makes an effort at learning English so we are withdrawing him and sending him to Romper Room English school.” To which we respond “Who is in charge of the family? Johnny?” and the response is “No, my senile, half deaf father with only one eye and a baseball bat for discipline.” To which we reply “Yeah, Johnny.”

70% of our parents sign the teacher communication book without actually reading it, and have NO interest in anything but a fat, dumb, and happy child, even if being fat, dumb, and happy are NOT in the child’s best interest, as long as he’s quiet and content, that’s all they ask…

1 Like

I live right next to an elementary school. What example do they set to the kids? Use a 4 Gigawatt PA system to marshall the kids in the morning, which can heard 12km away upwind… Is it any wonder they turn into loud, inconsiderate adults? :unamused:

I love the comment , “This is why some Animals eat their young”
https://www.facebook.com/LADbible/videos/555554484855309/

1 Like

wanted to smash people before in public places for screaming at the top of their lungs during a meal time discussion, but I noticed the other night whilst drinking with a few friends that we were the loud knobheads.

two way street, I guess

1 Like

Wonder if this woman was a Mainlander lol

3 Likes

Gutsy. What if he cast some kind of spell on her

lol. Seemed like she wanted her turn

2 Likes

She was almost hoping for that “holy hand shake” there but apparently the Pope change his mind seeing “Asian face” Perhaps she will change her religion :crazy_face:

1 Like

As well as having someone in my office who is loud and inconsiderate, I also have a coworker who is smelly and gross. His lunch (which he always eats hours after lunch like at 3pm) wafts through the office and smells like an elephant farted on a plate of five year old stinky tofu. Impossible to do work when he eats it without gagging.

2 Likes

That’s shockingly specific. :astonished:

2 Likes

Are you insinuating the Pope is racist?

1 Like

It looks like the Pope was worried about hygiene as well. Maybe she smelled worse than Elephant sharts and stinky tofu.

A Vatican spokesman said the pontiff pulled his hand away from his followers because he was worried about hygiene

2 Likes

There’s getting pimp slapped…and then there’s getting Pope slapped. :grin:

2 Likes

That or one of those fanatical Reverend Moon disciples (Moonies) from South Korea. Could anyone hear what language she was speaking? The rude and entitled behavior fits, but there can’t be a ton of Catholics in Mainland China.

1 Like

Looks like the Godfather is backed up by some serious ex-IDF types, too.