Low-Sugar, All Natural Peanut Butter in Taiwan?

Hey-lo,

Just wondering if anyone has seen some healthy brands of peanut butter sold anywhere in Taiwan. I’m looking for something that is preferably all-natural with low sugar content. Thanks.

[quote=“tastybrain”]Hey-lo,

Just wondering if anyone has seen some healthy brands of peanut butter sold anywhere in Taiwan. I’m looking for something that is preferably all-natural with low sugar content. Thanks.[/quote]

I got some organic pb from Costco a while back that was just made from the nuts, salt and oil … no sugar! You could also make your own. Get a decent blender, a bag of nuts from the dried goods store at your local morning market, some decent oil and salt.

Organic peanut butter is one of the items also MIA from Costco recently. Other options: occassionally Jason’s has some organic PB on sale. City Super has some but very expensive. In that case, go to Tianho, the organic supermarket or similar ones liek Cottonfields. There is also an alternative local brand, label all in English. Warning: it is double the cost of normal PB. And it looks kind of funny.

Yay! Just found a store that sells bulk dried foods that will press peanuts to make peanut butter for me. He isn’t adding anything in, although his roasted peanuts may have a bit of salt, I forgot to ask. But he is just pressing the peanuts without adding any sugar or anything else. The same way he makes a paste with sesame seeds, white or black.

He sells them in 300g jars. But he says he can make a 600g jar too.

$100 NT per 300g.

He is in Luodong, Yilan. But says he should be able to send throughout Taiwan. (We are local here, so not sure what that cost would be.)

His name is Tony, he speaks some English. We spoke in English and Chinese.
His address is: 宜蘭縣羅東鎮中山路三段355號 Mobile: 0935-535-045