LTH jealous over Chen-Soong affair

[quote]http://www.chinapost.com.tw/detail.asp?ID=58929&GRP=A

Former President Lee Teng-hui yesterday trashed the joint-statement issued by President Chen Shui-bian and People First Party Chairman James Soong following their recent reconciliatory meeting.

Lee said he was not against Chen holding a meeting with Soong to restore political stability, but it was “ridiculous” and “illegitimate” for the head of state to issue a 10-point joint-statement with the “chairman of a tiny party.”[/quote]
Fearless Spiritual Leader sounds a little bitter here. I’m sure if LTH was actually a chairperson in any of the 100 or so political parties on Taiwan, he would have been more than happy to sign the 10 point agreement with his former second in command, Soong.

I wonder if his trip to Japan was timed to keep him away from the Chen-Soong deal.

[quote]The TSU has threatened to break ties with the DPP, saying the two parties would “go separate ways.”

But the DPP will not be the TSU’s only partners in the Legislature, Lo said[/quote]
Come to mama TSU. The KMT will be more than happy to speak with the Spiritual Leader. Muhahahaha, I’m sure we can dig up a KMT comfy chair from a bygone era for Fearless Spiritual Leader.

I’m sure Soong of the PFP would also love to have a secret private meeting with his ex-boss as well. Water under the bridge I hear from 2 presidential elections ago.

If the DPP would come to their sense in work with both the KMT and PFP, drop TI, they would have a majority in the LY already.

The TSU can also get a majority if they drop TI and work with the KMT and PFP. It’ll be like old time. LTH, Lien, Soong all cooperating for the greater good of Taiwan. Am I the only one getting misty eye with the prospect of this dream team?

[quote=“ac_dropout”] Blahblahblahblahblah…
If the DPP would come to their sense in work with both the KMT and PFP, drop TI, they would have a majority in the LY already.

The TSU can also get a majority if they drop TI and work with the KMT and PFP. It’ll be like old time. LTH, Lien, Soong all cooperating for the greater good of Taiwan. Am I the only one getting misty eye with the prospect of this dream team?[/quote]

Yes! You are the only one. You alone. No-one else… The bad old days are gone.

That is the worst idea I have heard from a Pan-blue Chinese. I prefer we have multiparties to promote Taiwanese independence as much as possible instead of having a corrupt one-party state just like “old times.”

Of course multi-party corruption that promotes Status Quo is much better than one-party corruption that supports Status Quo.

I think the idea that they’re even talking about inter-party cooperation now is a good thing. It’s about time they try to find some things they can agree on and do for the good of the society rather than constantly bickering over the same, tired crap. And LTH is just a bitter old man. He should just “retire” to Japan like the former president of Peru and get out of everyone’s hair.

But the president of Peru was of Japanese descent. A Nisei.
LTH is not of Japanese descent…or is he? <dum, dum, DUM…>

[quote=“ac_dropout”]But the president of Peru was of Japanese descent. A Nisei.
LTH is not of Japanese descent…or is he? <dum, dum, DUM…>[/quote]

I think he believes he is …

The Taiwanese George Washington is a Patriot of Taiwan and wishes to maintain political ties with a country that Taiwan is in good terms with in the past.

George Washington help free the colonist from the Empire. LTH in your analogy should help Taiwan break free of Japan’s influence.

AC - correct me if I’m wrong, but Lee goes one better than being a Japanese descendant; he was born in Japan after all.

Which has what to do with Lee Teng-hui?

Tetsuo,

Sanchih, Taiwan was his birthplace.

You really must be anti-Taiwan to suggest LTH (the father of Democracy worldwide) was a foriegner or at the very least a WSR. Shame on you.

1. Comparing LTH and George Washington!!! :unamused: One proved himself on the battlefield as a war hero and had no political ambition. The other … well …

2. And Taiwan being on “good terms” with Japan? The Japanese weren’t exactly “friendly” to the Taiwanese during their military INVASION and OCCUPATION … nor do they now officially recognize Taiwan (neither does the U.S., but at least the U.S. sells them weapons).

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Tetsuo,

Sanchih, Taiwan was his birthplace.

You really must be anti-Taiwan to suggest LTH (the father of Democracy worldwide) was a foriegner or at the very least a WSR. Shame on you.[/quote]
You missed the point, didn’t you. Wasn’t he born in Taiwan while Taiwan was officially Japanese? Which would, technically, mean he was born in Japan.

Yes he was born in Sanchih, Daiwan Prefecture, Japan.

You’re not really Japanese are you Masao. It wasn’t Daiwan, it was Taiwan. As in Taihoku.

Depends on what he legal status of Taiwan subjects were at the time. I don’t believe they were afforded all the rights of a Japanese citizen.

the only person jealous is lien. Speaking of Lien, he should just step down

I though Lien was going to let Ma and Wang fight it out now.

Huhhuhhuh, you said “Wang fight”.