Lucky Ribs BBQ

I was walking home after work this evening along Lane 340, Fuxing S. Rd / 復興南路一段340巷 (behind the Howard Plaza Hotel / 福華大飯店後面)… This lane is right across Fuxing / 復興南路 from Dongfeng Street / 東豐街 … I discovered a brand new rib restaurant. Lucky Ribs. Danny Taylor from Tyler, Texas is doing the BBQ-ing right out front and there is seating inside. I didn’t look at the menu, as they were getting busy and I didn’t want to be in the way. But, I took some ribs home and they were excellent! Donfeng Street / 東豐街 T-intersects Fuxing S. Road (復興南路) just south of the Howard Plaza Hotel. Walking south on Fuxing, turn right on Lane 340, Fuxing S. Rd., Sec. 1 / 復興南路一段340巷 and Lucky Ribs is about 100 meters on the south side of the lane.

They’re open every day (including this holiday weekend) for lunch and through the evening to 02:00am. They have a very nice selection of bottled beer, including British, German and Belgian offerings.

Give this place a try!

The address is:

1F, No. 26 Lane 340, Fuxing S. Rd., Sec. 1

復興南路一段340巷26號1樓

02 27017137

I saw that while driving home from my dentist appointment last week and is definitely a place I want to try out since one of the few things I miss about home is some BBQ ribs.

Once I get the chance to visit, I’ll come back and give everyone my two cents.

Great ribs, cooked the right way. Fall off the bone exactly right. Not too oily. Great flavor on the sauce. Extras on plate like salad, corn, are all good. Good atmosphere for both meals and after hours. A few TVs for sports. Plenty of parking. Great staff.

One visit has made this my go-to place for ribs and BBQ. OK place to chill out for some drinks also.

Sounds like a great place!
Can a lonesome traveller sit at counter in the bar or is it only tables in the place?

Looks like a nice place.

Their Facebook photos.

[quote=“Grabben”]Sounds like a great place!
Can a lonesome traveller sit at counter in the bar or is it only tables in the place?[/quote]

They have tables. They have seating at a table height bar. And they have stools that look out the windows which can be opened when weather is right.

Went again today. Good big smokey flavor pulled pork sandwich. They have brunch to which I’m hoping to sample sometime but wish they opened before 11am.

They stay open until 130am and have beer and sports on TV.

I have to confess that I found their ribs inconsistent. I had ribs from them that were great. Like others said, fell off the bones and nicely marinated. And other times, it was dry and over cooked and couldn’t even get the meat off with a knife. So I really don’t know how to review them. It’s a huge hit or miss. I don’t know how sometimes it would be great to other times I literally could not cut anything with a knife.