luggage forwarding as freight by train (or other) from Taoyuan airport area to Tainan

so, though we shipped some boxes for our move to TW, we ended up still with many suitcases.
i think it would be much cheaper to send them by train than to rent a van big enough to carry them and drive them down.
i know you can send scooters and other “freight”
anyone know of the possibility of sending suitcases? or where to look for how it works or pricing?
the can is about $100 usd a day, so i cant imagine it would be more than that.
and being able to rent a smaller car would be wonderful for town exploring on our way down to TNN from TPE than a huge honking 9passanger bus. (i do have experience driving them, but parking it in TW seems to be a headache)

and the follow up question would be, does someone have to receive them the same day?
i mean, part of the point is for us to go down in 2-3 days, exploring.
otherwise, we could also just take the train down, and than be there at the same/similar time (i assume they are different trains? though from what i remember some ppl trains have freight wagons? at least for scooters… but its been a while)
thanks for your advice in advance yall
oh… they are… 10 suitcases, would probably send… 8 or 9?
we could put our essential stuff into one carryon and the diaperbag

soo… have found info on these three companies
Pelican, T-Cat and CFE
and, someone suggested using the post office. that is also interesting. but i dont know how it would be. as most of our luggage is big (maximum size for planes) and realtively heavy (25kg)
also, have an extra long pakage where i wrapped all my skateboards/longboards. (so its maybe 45inches long?)

anyone have experience with the above companies?
T-Cat seems to be the biggest, not jsut for luggage

on that note. as T-Cat seems to be the most recommended, i have been looking at their chrome-translated website, and they seem to be happy shipping luggage.
but besides that, i cant figure it out.
anyone have experience with them?
any idea on pricing?
can i just send them off from the 7-11 at the airport? (i know that is where you get the forms…)

yeah… think i may be doing something wrong… so, using the english TW post website
https://www.post.gov.tw/post/internet/U_english/index.jsp?ID=24020802
i can calculate my general size for luggage and weight.
carry on seems to be $185NTD for 25kg (though the site asks if you can, to split pakage into 20kg parcels)
and 195 NTD for big suitcases (157 linear cm) i guess there is a 10ntd surcharge for being over 1.5m linear.
that seems really cheap. and awesome… if it is true. i think im doing something wrong.
it did not even ask from where to where… unless this is a flat rate bc the island is tiny?
i have had issues with translated pages before… so im not really trusting these now…

1 Like

last time i was sneding boxes via post they said new rules were 20kg. but it was a local office, so not really sure on that.

Kerry, black cat, HCT etc are all pretty reliable and cheap. i just got 70kg of things delivered with HCT for $370nt next day.

I’ve used Pelican at the airport to send heavy bags to Tainan. I’ve also used them to send bags to the airport ahead of my flight. Great service!

Interesting! Good to hear it is cheap! I would much rather rent a small car than a big van. Much cheaper too!
370ntd sounds great!
And I don’t want to have to lug my stuff around
How does pelican work? Just roll up at the airport and tell them which bags are going to such and such an addy?
Will they take them upstairs? (8th floor, but w elevator)
And… I’d have to figure out something to have someone recieve them, as I won’t be in Tainan till late Sunday early Monday. And land in TPE Thurs night…

Thanks @Aikaili

At the airport, just go to their counter. Just have a good address preferably in Chinese, and perhaps a local contact that they can call. If your place has security people on site, they’ll leave it with them. Having an elevator, they may bring it up.
Click on the link at this site and you can see a map (even in Chinese of where they are in the airport. https://www.taoyuan-airport.com/english/store3_detail/Taiwan%20pelican%20Express%20Co.

Sending back to the airport, have a local friend call them and arrange the pickup time. https://www.e-can.com.tw/

just sent them with Kerry. door to door service from my friends house in Hsinchu to my friend apartment in Tainan coast 190 NTD per bag, 25kg restriction, no size limit though.
delivery tmrw, or tuesday due to dragon fest.
they DEF dont speak english though. and addys needed in chinese.
still. 1400 is a small price to pay for the convenience of not having to carry em. i had 3 baggage carts at the airport. plus the girls buggy and backpacks and diaper bags. thankfully two guys helped us get them out to my friends car, and he magically tetrissed them (and me) into the back of his escape

Good news! Taiwan is convenient most of the time.

This is good to know!

190NT with a 25kg restriction is helluva deal. Did they quote that to you after you told them how many pieces you had or did you find that on the website?

My friend called and they quoted 170x piece actually.
At some point when the guy got there he said 190 and apologized and asked if it was ok.
I grinned and paid him happily.
I did help him load, but I feel he would have loaded them all himself.
Th delivery man did call. Before he arrived, which was good, bc it was a good hour after the headquarters ETA.
He asked by when I needed them and said he would try to do same day, but if it was urgent bc of the dragon boat fest holidays they might arrive Tuesday.
I told him it was ok if they took longer, but he gave my friends cell a call a few hours later to confirm he had delivered them to my friend in Tainan’s Security guard. This is 11 large pieces at 25kg per. So. I’m glad they got there how th y did.
They specifically warned that it was Freight, and not to send anything fragile, but I did not have trouble with anything breaking . Airlines treat them rougher.
Over all, very pleased with the service. Highly recommend. Zero and English though… but you can always ask someone to help :wink: