Luxgen does a car

youtube.com/watch?v=3G-Kn3l-bK4

youtube.com/watch?v=1ele05KEKus

I didnt know they had a car.

Wonder how much of this car is Nissan? Considering Luxgen is Yueloong, which is affiliated with Nissan.

Yueloongs first car on its own , the FEELING was a bit of a disaster.

The Feeling looked ok, but it left a lot of bad feelings between Nissan and Yueloong !

Why are they doing a manual? Nobody likes manuals in Taiwan anymore I am told.

We dont much like them here in the USA either.

( i hate that my car is a stick as well)

What are you talking about?? They have 3 or 4 models already since ages available. The sedan is new but I’ve seen it since last year randomly already. It has cameras in the mirrors for blind spots and it looks quite nice inside but of course it will be pricy…

Maybe they will fit these.latest Taiwanese designed ,wheels to it. :astonished:

absolute cock up.

toilet plungers ?

I knew they did some sort of people carrier and an suv but i didn’t know they had a car as well.

It looks nice and seems to perform ok. But its not cheap at something like 900,000nt.

But on the other hand, iv seen youtube presentations on cars in Taiwan and the prices are ridiculous. I thought new car pricing would go down after Taiwan joined GATT , or what was it ?

Land Rover selling for 40,000 to 50,000 usd here selling for 110,000 usd there ?? Ridiculous !

Aston Martin selling for about 250,000 usd (and considered pricey at that) selling for 550,000 usd there?? Mind boggling.

Audi selling for double over in Taiwan?

Only one that makes any sense is the A8L going for 120,000 usd there when that same model (depending on the exact specs) is anywhere from around 80,000 to 100,000 here with the V8.

Basically prices are double what they cost in their own countries. Tax is supposed to be 50pct or less isn’t it? But I guess the car makers are raking in the profits.

I saw another clip with a lot of Lambos in Taiwan and those must be super ridiculously priced.

I can see a 400,000usd (over here) Aventador going for 800,000 usd over there.

800,000 for a car? Mind Boggling.

I guess there are no cheap cars in Taiwan anymore to buy.

If i ever lived there again , I guess I could really only look at a March.

They’re at it again

1 Like

that logo screams everything but luxury to me

What a joke of a brand

Eh, that’s true for most logos. Look at Cadillac for example, fake heraldry! :joy: At least Mercedes has a story behind theirs, but still not even luxury-adjacent. Let alone all the luxury lines of ordinary brands. :smirk:

All that said, I’ve looked at the Luxgen lineup and not been terribly impressed, but this one at least has decent specs. I might get one just to compare. :thinking:

I heard they make their money from servicing only. Car is sold below cost.

So that means they’re engineered to break often?

1 Like

Yulong or what it used to be Yue Loong. Honestly isn’t better

1 Like

That’s what yue loongs have always been

Ex gf’s dad needed a new engine after only 50k kilometers
Course that may be due to the way he shifted or didn’t

Ok Cadillac I can agree. Mercedes, however, I draw the line. And I HATE Mercedes. Ugliest fucking luxury cars money can buy, the only exception I will concede are the super high end AMG line ones. But the logo? It’s sleek. Simple, easy on the eyes, instantly recognized, pleasantly geometrical.

To me one of the best remains Alfa Romeo. I love their logo.

2 Likes

I didn’t like the snake eating the man on the Alfa emblem though

The name is wonderful the way it rolls off the tongue

Alfa Roh Mayo

Or a Suzuki swift

Sorry taking to myself here responding to my comment made ten years ago and now it’s ten years after

Not much has Changed in the tw car market

1 Like

This may be more my speed in Taiwan

Actually my Prius C would be great In Taiwan
And my TT will be enough of a sports car for me

1 Like