Ma Called Lien Chan -- "PRESIDENT"

As noted in a few blogs, Ma’s “stellar performance” the other night on BBC may have revealed something else.

[quote]Host: But, but, why, but (Ma interrupts: We want

Yes lawsuit are still pending in ROC challenging the 2004 elections. That’s because the KMT and Lien Chan have over a trillion bazillion US Dollars in various secret slush funds to make anything possible.

But in all fairness to Ma, I sometime refer to Al Gore as Mr. President as well.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Yes lawsuit are still pending in ROC challenging the 2004 elections. That’s because the KMT and Lien Chan have over a trillion bazillion US Dollars in various secret slush funds to make anything possible.

But in all fairness to Ma, I sometime refer to Al Gore as Mr. President as well.[/quote]

Yes but, in all fairness, you’re not the leader of the officicial opposition party.

You have a point there, being only the 2nd member of the Anti-CSB Party For Retire Armchair Ninjas, doesn’t make us much of an opposition party.

The first member is inflatable, but she’s full of hot air.

We would have more members, but a lot of ninjas don’t make it to retirement age. Unhealthy diets and a lot of second hand smoke from the smoke bombs.

There really is a lack of the concept Santity of the Presidential Office on Taiwan anyways.

Let’s put it this way, when Ma becomes President of Taiwan in 2008, I don’t think hardcore TI supporters are going to acknowledge him the real President of Taiwan either.

You have a point there, being only the 2nd member of the Anti-CSB Party For Retire Armchair Ninjas, doesn’t make us much of an opposition party.

We would have more members, but a lot of ninjas don’t make it to retirement age. Unhealthy diets and a lot of second hand smoke from the smoke bombs.

There really is a lack of the concept Santity of the Presidential Office on Taiwan anyways.

Let’s put it this way, when Ma becomes President of Taiwan in 2008, I don’t think hardcore TI supporters are going to acknowledge him the real President of Taiwan either.[/quote]

But, according to Ma, he already IS the president – now that he is leader of the KMT (who, in his mind, won the 2004 election).

Or is that just another of the many contradictions spewed by Ma in that interview?

Let’s put it this way, when Ma becomes President of Taiwan in 2008, I don’t think hardcore TI supporters are going to acknowledge him the real President of Taiwan either.[/quote]

You’ve been watching too many Anime, kid.

Also no, we acknowledge when someone has won an election. Sore losers like Lien… well… speak for themselves.

I

[quote=“ScottSommers”]I

Then-President of the KMT obviously.

Also what drugs are you on. Ma was poised during the entire interview. Only clowns like CSB and his DPP cronies start insulting people and yelling in loud voices when they are caught in traps.

[quote=“zeugmite”]Then-President of the KMT obviously.

[/quote]
Obviously. :unamused: Except, the KMT doesn’t have a president. It has a chairman.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“zeugmite”]Then-President of the KMT obviously.

[/quote]
Obviously. :unamused: Except, the KMT doesn’t have a president. It has a chairman.[/quote]

Actually, the KMT doesn’t have a chairman. It has a 主席. I can see somebody mixing up the English word for the top guy, be it chairman, president, CEO, premier, or whatever, when that is not normally the language used to address the title.

[quote=“zeugmite”][quote=“sandman”][quote=“zeugmite”]Then-President of the KMT obviously.

[/quote]
Obviously. :unamused: Except, the KMT doesn’t have a president. It has a chairman.[/quote]

Actually, the KMT doesn’t have a chairman. It has a 主席. I can see somebody mixing up the English word for the top guy, be it chairman, president, CEO, premier, or whatever, when that is not normally the language used to address the title.[/quote]
It’s not normally the language used to address the title because its wrong.
“Zhu hsi” as you wrote translates as chairman, NOT president, according to a senior translator at CNA.

Maybe Mr Ma isn’t as perfect as you, Sandman. It’s just possible it was a slip of the tongue while getting grilled in a foreign language.

Sure. Just keeping it real, since there’s so many here making a meal of it. Personally I don’t give a rat’s arse what he said or why.

Jeeezus H Chr… are you mad man?.. if people went around being rational and level headed and not making mountains out of molehills at every negligible semantic or symbolic triviality and slip of the tongue, why… well it just doesn’t bear imagining does it… I mean the TI Green camp would have nothing to do for a start, plus the Taipei Times would be out of business by Tuesday afternoon… no sir… madness, that would be… :noway:

BTW: well done STOP_ma, it seems you’ve learned a new word from cc_tang… you must have used “disengenius” or “disingenuity” [SIC] at least 5 times just today!.. keep it up!.. :bravo:

Jeeezus H Chr… are you mad man?.. if people went around being rational and level headed and not making mountains out of molehills at every negligible semantic or symbolic triviality and slip of the tongue, why… well it just doesn’t bear imagining does it… I mean the TI Green camp would have nothing to do for a start, plus the Taipei Times would be out of business by Tuesday afternoon… no sir… madness, that would be… :noway:

BTW: well done STOP_ma, it seems you’ve learned a new word from cc_tang… you must have used “disengenius” or “disingenuity” [SIC] at least 5 times just today!.. keep it up!.. :bravo:[/quote]

You have a short memory Plasmatron.

You have forgotten that it was Ma and Ma’s party that hijacked Taiwan for well over one month – and is still, apparently, not conceding defeat.

A slip of the tongue? Perhaps. But the fact is, this may equally be viewed as a Freudian slip. Especially in light of how noticeably full of shit Ma was throughout the entire interview.

Sorry, I forgot this was the Taiwan Politics forum, I’ll try to read things into situations that aren’t there. Ma said he wants peace with China, he obviously meant he wants Taiwan to become a province of the PRC. Look at all the parts of Taipei he’s given to Communist China whilst he’s been mayor. He probably referred to the Republic of China too, obviously the People’s Republic of China.

Is that better ?

PS. The KMT is evil, because it is.

A Freudian slip!.. Bloody hell man, why didn’t you say this sooner!.. If what you are saying is true and Ma really did make a “Freudian slip” then that’s all the evidence we need, get the tar and feathers!.. A Freudian slip like that would have such massive and wide reaching implications that it may well shatter the very fabric of world politics as we know it… cripes!.. call Taipei Times!.. referring accidentally to Lian Zhan as “president” whilst in a high pressure, foreign language interview?.. Well if that isn’t irrefutable proof that the man’s evil knows no bounds, then I don’t know what is…

A Freudian slip!.. Bloody hell man, why didn’t you say this sooner!.. If what you are saying is true and Ma really did make a “Freudian slip” then that’s all the evidence we need, get the tar and feathers!.. A Freudian slip like that would have such massive and wide reaching implications that it may well shatter the very fabric of world politics as we know it… cripes!.. call Taipei Times!.. referring accidentally to Lian Zhan as “president” whilst in a high pressure, foreign language interview?.. Well if that isn’t irrefutable proof that the man’s evil knows no bounds, then I don’t know what is…[/quote]

Now, who’s the one over-reacting with their sarcasm?

While talking about the opposition leader’s trip to China, he called him President Lien Chan without batting an eye.

It seems the pan-blues can’t agree upon whether Ma was “poised” or “flustered” by a “high-pressure” interview.

Which is it?

it must be another KMT is-is-not government issue…

And isn’t Ma a Harvard University Graduated??? Aren’t they the most perfect human beings on earth???