Ma Called Lien Chan -- "PRESIDENT"

[quote=“STOP_Ma”]
While talking about the opposition leader’s trip to China, he called him President Lien Chan without batting an eye.

It seems the pan-blues can’t agree upon whether Ma was “poised” or “flustered” by a “high-pressure” interview. Which is it?[/quote]

STOP_ma… you never fail to amaze with your “true grit” Tainan old boy

Plasmatron:

You just answered your own question.

I’m also glad you realize how incapable Ma is on formulating coherent thoughts when a little pressure is applied.

Seems to me like Ma is proving himself not to be fit for the high-pressured responsibility of leading Taiwan, defending this country against an opponent that is infinitely more hostile than a BBC reporter.

:laughing: honestly… you’re hilarious STOP_ma… :bravo:

so your argument is and I quote, “Ma is proving himself not to be fit for the high-pressured responsibility of leading Taiwan, defending this country against an opponent that is infinitely more hostile than a BBC reporter.” and your evidence to support this assertion is, the fact that he perhaps used an incorrect title for his colleague during an interview with the BBC which was conducted in English… damning evidence to be sure…

so STOP_ma… using your own arguments, logic and criteria then, let’s construct a little ‘what if’ scenario to ascertain Chen Shui Bian’s suitability for the high pressure responsibility of leading Taiwan…

[quote]Interviewer: “Mr.Chen welcome to BBC hardtalk…”
CSB: “eehhh… you say is what-uh…?”[/quote]

:doh: oooh… and CSB has fallen hard at your first hurdle… if only he’d got your memo STOP-ma he’d have known that it’s ESL ability in televised interviews that’s the crucial indicator of whether a man has the “right stuff” to be the president of Taiwan… but… strangely in another thread in TP you were all arguing that English ability has nothing to do with a candidate’s qualification or suitability to be president of Taiwan…

some truly inspirational cogent thinking and propositional logic there, well done… :wink: although in truth it’d be a lot funnier if your comedy arguments, logic and reasoning weren’t so accurately representative of the TI movement as a whole…

Plasmatron:

You’re an idiot.

Ma fumbled nearly the entire interview – on logic alone.

I just found that “President” remark to be icing on the cake.

What logic are you referring to?

He stated quite clearly throughout the entire interview that the Strait Issue was not an issue about Independence or Re-unification. It is about Independence, Re-unification, or Status Quo.

I also think he handled the 700 missile question quite well. That it was not the only reality that Taiwan needs to deal with, since cross strait interaction on a social and economic level are increasing.

:bravo:

That’s the spirit… when in Rome… :smiley:

Taiwan Politics = Flying Circus

STOP_Ma, I wish you wouldn’t waste our time with a 3 page thread about the possible misuse of the term “president” in this interview…

… when you apparently have so many other clear examples of Ma’s faulty “logic” from this pathetic interview. Please, don’t feel a need to spare Ma from your analytical abuse… start tearing apart the content of the guy’s interview!

Okay I’ll admit it, Ma and myself share the same English Translation Service. They are the ones that made the English demonstration signs for my avatar.

So what if they’ve taken Chinglish to another level of art.

[quote=“cctang”]STOP_Ma, I wish you wouldn’t waste our time with a 3 page thread about the possible misuse of the term “president” in this interview…

… when you apparently have so many other clear examples of Ma’s faulty “logic” from this pathetic interview. Please, don’t feel a need to spare Ma from your analytical abuse… start tearing apart the content of the guy’s interview![/quote]

Am I forcing you to enter this thread?

Contradictions? O.K. here’s a big one:

Ma just contradicted himself yesterday – the same contradiction that he was forced to live up to in the BBC interview.

He’s all up in arms over the “abolishing” of the NUC. He is saying that the elimination of a dormant government body does “serious damage” to the status quo. And yet, the establishment of the Anti-Secession law in China is not.

He’s even going to launch a recall. Who’s side is Ma on anyway?

Well, Ma is obviously not alone in this. Bush thought the issue important enough to send representatives in Taiwan, and make repeated warnings publically and privately that Chen needs to live up to his pledges to not disturb cross-strait relations.

You must’ve realized by now, as you bounce around the English press, that no one else has “picked up” on the Ma angle of this story. For some reason that seems perfectly clear to us, but must be incomprehensible to you… the emphasis of journalists, analysts, and politicians around the world is squarely on Chen Shui-bian.

But let’s not change the subject, here. You started this thread excited about Ma’s behavior on this interview. Again, no one else in the world press (or Chinese press) find the issue relevant, important, interesting… but it’s clearly a huge deal for you. What’s the rest of the world missing that only you are seeing?

[quote]He’s all up in arms over the “abolishing” of the NUC. He is saying that the elimination of a dormant government body does “serious damage” to the status quo. And yet, the establishment of the Anti-Secession law in China is not.

He’s even going to launch a recall. Who’s side is Ma on anyway?[/quote]

Where do you fabricate your facts. Ma was one of first political figures on Taiwan that denouced the ASL. His position is not the TI position. He even reiterated his view in that English interview. The problem in his opinion with the ASL is that it opens the legal aspect of the ASL on the PRC end. Because if the PRC is pursuing the a society governed by laws eventually it will need to deal with ASL as their court system matures.

Didn’t the DPP spear head the reincarnation of a defunct body of the ROC, just so that they could reduce the number of seats in the LY. I suspect the reunification committee will also be brought back once the KMT regains the executive branch.

The same could be asked of CSB, who’s on his side now. The USA and PRC are not happy with him now.

[quote=“cctang”]Well, Ma is obviously not alone in this. Bush thought the issue important enough to send representatives in Taiwan, and make repeated warnings publically and privately that Chen needs to live up to his pledges to not disturb cross-strait relations.

You must’ve realized by now, as you bounce around the English press, that no one else has “picked up” on the Ma angle of this story. For some reason that seems perfectly clear to us, but must be incomprehensible to you… the emphasis of journalists, analysts, and politicians around the world is squarely on Chen Shui-bian.?[/quote]

Please see my post in the relevant thread.