Ma says USA is Gullible

That was certainly an unedifying spectacle, but it was hardly one-sided. The pan-Blues in attendance were not exactly innocent choirboys. They included groups of young men wearing the national colors who viciously beat people with nunchuks, and one man wielding “a long sword of the type used by Lord Guan Yun-Chang from The Romance of Three Kingdoms.”

All that proves is that there are thugs on both sides. That’s exactly the kind of
battle that was thankfully avoided in 2004 because DPP supporters were restrained.

That was certainly an unedifying spectacle, but it was hardly one-sided. The pan-Blues in attendance were not exactly innocent choirboys. They included groups of young men wearing the national colors who viciously beat people with nunchuks, and one man wielding “a long sword of the type used by Lord Guan Yun-Chang from The Romance of Three Kingdoms.”

All that proves is that there are thugs on both sides. That’s exactly the kind of
battle that was thankfully avoided in 2004 because DPP supporters were restrained.[/quote]

And not to mention Chen Shui-bian decided to limit celebration ceremonies.

Do you have evidence of this? Because if my memory serves me correct they were wearing black, which is not the national colors of ROC.

Also what kind of ROC nationalist would use nunchuck, a non-Chinese weapon, to attack a Chinese character actor peacefully asking to kill a major political figure on Taiwan while holding a battle axe.

pan-Green supporters are so restrainted that they put out cigarettes on defenseless women faces. :loco:

Do you have evidence of this? Because if my memory serves me correct they were wearing black, which is not the national colors of ROC.

Also what kind of ROC nationalist would use nunchuck, a non-Chinese weapon, to attack a Chinese character actor peacefully asking to kill a major political figure on Taiwan while holding a battle axe.

pan-Green supporters are so restrainted that they put out cigarettes on defenseless women faces. :loco:[/quote]

Police begin probe into Bamboo Union after airport clash

United Bamboo Gang

Those articles are so racist. Oh, its a group of WSR on Taiwan, so they must have Mainland connections and unification idealogy. :slight_smile:

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Do you have evidence of this? Because if my memory serves me correct they were wearing black, which is not the national colors of ROC.

pan-Green supporters are so restrainted that they put out cigarettes on defenseless women faces. :loco:[/quote]

I googled some of the media coverage and found my memory needed refreshing. You were right - the nunchuks wielders indeed wore black, but they nevertheless attacked pan-Green supporters. The TSU leader claimed they were members of the Bamboo Union gang. (Somwhat less plausibly, he also blamed the violence on Chinese Communist “fifth columnists.”) An entirely different group of pan-Blues wearing the national colors was reported fighting with pan-Green supporters near the EVA Air counter, but they used “poles” and “bats”. I stand corrected.

Oh, I also incorrectly assumed that the lunatic with the tradiional Chinese battle axe was a Blue supporter, but he was Green. Other Greens who could be singled out for the Hall of Shame include DPP Legislator Wang Shih-chien and TSU Legislator Lo Chih-ming, who led a large crowd into the terminal via the basement to avoid police.

Most of the fighting clearly took place between rival supporters (as opposed to the police) so I don’t see how it’s possible to pin the violence all on one side or the other. Numerous photos show demonstrators on both sides fighting with fists and a wide variety of weapons. People were reportedly attacked with rotten eggs, sticks, rocks, tire irons, bamboo poles, golf clubs, slingshots, walking canes, loudspeakers, folding chairs, sugar cane stalks and hair combs, among other items.

It’s also wrong to make generalizations based on particular incidents. Both sides can point to vicious actions, like beating “defenceless women” or elderly people.

So all that can be concluded were that the pan-Greens were fighting among themselves at the airport due to a lack of organization.

Whereas the pan-Blues were fighting the corrupt system CSB created.

Support the pan-Blues they know what they are fighting for.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]
Support the pan-Blues they know what they are fighting for.[/quote]

Yeah. China.

Yes, those legislators did a bit more than you recall. They told their supporters to assault people if they felt the urge. You also forgot their sidekick, green talk show host Wang Ben Hu, who concurred with “Here’s a real Taiwanese with LP (balls).”

Sugarcane stalks? Hair combs? Walking canes, bamboo poles? lol. That’s like half the Taike attire right there. Most of the photos from this are gone now, unfortunately, but I only remember seeing the greens have weapons, and specifically the above ones.

Now this airport thing is all green. The blues that were at the airport seeing Lien off had no incentive to do anything if the greens kept to themselves. Why the hell were greens there to begin with, and with weapons? What did they want to accomplish? It’s a complete joke! Don’t tell me the 2004 election thing could even compare to this. Election protests you see elsewhere in the world. This airport thing – only in Taiwan.

[quote=“STOP_Ma”][quote=“ac_dropout”]
Support the pan-Blues they know what they are fighting for.[/quote]

Yeah. China.[/quote]

Republic of…

LOL!!

How about “election protests that last for more than 2 years”?

Nope. That’s uniquely “pan-blue”.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This coming from a guy who is part of an election protest that has lasted 6 years? Funny. It’s also blue. Blue-state, that is. lol

STOP_Ma, if you could only stop George or stop Ma, which one would you stop? lol
And what’s with stop this, stop that, why do you stop so many things? Are you, like, a stop light? Then you can’t be a green, you must be a red! :smiley:

How many Ma’s would a STOP_Ma stop, if a STOP_Ma could stop Ma? Now that’s a good and serious question.

Uh…Gore and Kerry conceded, in case you didn’t know.

Talking about supporters here, in case you didn’t notice.

and I was talking about the leaders of the pan-blue. You know – the topic of this thread. Go to an American political forum if you want to talk about American politics.

If they had real, (pan-)Blue balls, they would have just driven a truck through the police and into the terminal like Chou Yi, instead of sneaking through the basement.

I’m not surprised. It’s called “selective memory.”

Some photos of the fighting: http://www.zonaeuropa.com/20050427_2.htm

It’s pretty clear that some Blue supporters carried weapons and instigated attacks. If reports like the following are even partly true, then the fault wasn’t “all green.”

• Buses hired to take TI proponents from Taipei to the airport were attacked and disabled early that morning by about 20 young men. Police caught 4 perpetrators, who claimed they had been paid to carry out the attack.
  • After the pro-TI crowd came in through the basement and dominated the third-floor lobby, it was pelted with flying objects from the fourth floor, causing injuries. “A Taipei County legislator was hit in the head with a rock wrapped in red paper, and bled profusely.”
  • “A small group of pan-blue supporters wearing t-shirts with the national colors charged over the luggage belt at the counter of EVA airlines…poles and bats began to swing…eggs and rocks began to fly.”
  • “In the last wave wave of attacks, around thirty to forty young men dressed in black proceeded to attack pan-green stragglers as they were leaving…not sparing the women or elderly among them. The worst case was a middle-aged man…assaulted with nunchakus. The man had a broken nose and broken teeth, and he was crying and bleeding on the floor before bystanders called an ambulance for him.”

http://www.zonaeuropa.com/20050427_2.htm

• On election night 2004, PFP Legislator Chou Yi led a crowd attacking police officers with rocks, sticks and bricks, and drove a truck into the gates of the Kaohsiung District Court.

• On March 26, PFP and KMT legislators (including Lee Ching-hua and Feng Ting-kuo) incited a mob to obstruct the Cenral Election Commission

I’m not surprised. It’s called “selective memory.”

Some photos of the fighting: zonaeuropa.com/20050427_2.htm [/quote]

Oh really? Where are they among the photos? Where are the photos showing blues with weapons? On the contrary your photos show almost all greens wielding weapons. The idiots with red head bands are greens. The idiots with bamboo poles, umbrellas, beer bottles are greens. The idiots with big knives and swords are yet more greens. Those photos I do remember. The most ridiculous thing out of all this has got to be that a bunch of idiot greens attacking with assorted weapons got their asses handed to them by a few bare-handed blues. After shooting themselves in the collective foot like that, greens come home whimpering and insinuating about triad involvemenet to the ever unbiased TSU, pretending to be victims. Who can the greens blame but themselves?

Look, this might be very exciting for you, but there has already been a thread on this from that time, so why don’t we continue it there if you want to say more about it.

I don’t claim that one page of photos is a fair or balanced record. As you say, it mainly shows Green supporters. (The media especially loved that one idiot with the 'kwandao") There are no photos of the “men in black” here. Nor the New Party leaders who admitted taking part in the fighting
Still, there are a few shots in which both combatants are armed, and I doubt the greens are fighting themselves. Here a blue supporter appears to be using a tire iron.

Another photo confirms the presence of young men in ROC national colors, whose attacks are described here and in other accounts.
In any case, even if there really WERE more green thugs than blue present that day, it doesn’t change my point. Unlike you, I’m not assigning all blame to one side, and absolving the other. I’ll call a thug a thug. Will you?

Gee, who could possibly have injured those ‘idiot’ greens? Can’t possibly think of anyone… They must have done it to themselves!Ha ha! You and ac_dropout are just a laugh riot! (Riot, get it!) Pan-blue violence is funny! Not like bad TI violence.

Really, are you simply ignorant or completely disingenuous here? Are you unaware that New Party leaders vowed “war” on the TSU? That they threatened to show up with gravel trucks and bulldozers,and made other inflammatory quotes reported in various media? Were present at the scene with people named by police as gangsters?

New Party thugs in airport clash

“Insinuating” triad involvement? I think they DOCUMENTED it! They certainly named specific names and affiliations…and the police acted on it. Admittedly, the sources here are biased. But can this all be a complete fabrication?

Bamboo Union member detained

Police begin probe into Bamboo Union after airport clash

You didn’t respond to any of the other points. DPP lawmakers are wrong to incite violence, but it’s apparently fine for the PFP. A demo that sent 15 people to the hospital proves the violent nature of the greens, but pan-Blue violence that injures 127 is not worth mentioning! Can’t be compared, you say. How absurd of me! The very idea!

I realize the thread isn’t about these incidents. The point is double standards and rank hypocrisy that make it hard to have a reasonable discussion.

I think the point has been made, with violent political events like this the USA is quite Gullible in believe Taiwan is some sort of mature democracy.