Ma: Taiwan will never be a country

Tell me more about how CKS contributed to Taiwan’s current freedoms. :popcorn:[/quote]

IMHO, CSK is nothing more than a warlord who was in power prior to 1949.

After he lost to the commies, he and his troops went to Taiwan.

Having said, that, if it wasn’t for CKS, Taiwan would certainly have been liberated by another warlord, the communists.

I seriously doubt that the communists would have give the Taiwanese more freedom than CKS.

So, in a sick and twisted indirect way, CKS has contributed to Taiwan’s current freedoms.

I’m pretty sure Dirt was referring to Chiang Ching-kuo.

well… then it’s no…

I find politicians tiresome in general. However, Ma goes one step further, especially in regards to hiding his alien legal status and past personal events, which go well beyond just lying as a politician.[/quote]

Wow, imagine that. We also have birthers in Taiwan too.

Yup. What choice do the people have? The DPP? Yeah, right. The DPP had promise before Chen came along and ruined the party. And now Ma is doing the same to the KMT, which had been improving under Lee. Two parties ruined in less than a decade.

I’m glad I’m not a Taiwanese voter.[/quote]

You kidding me? Lee brought back the black gold after the Chiangs cleaned it up slowly. I guess it’s a throwback to the Shanghai days of kmt.

Wow, imagine that. We also have 50 centers in Taiwan too.

Andre has a red flag, Chiang Ching’s is blue
They all have hills to fly them on except for Lin Tai Yu

I wonder what Taiwan would be if not for US pressure on the Generalissimo?

Anyway, he was far from the best, and far from the worst.

Wow, imagine that. We also have birthers in Taiwan too.[/quote]

I think its a reference to his still unconfirmed US green card status rather than where he was born…

Wow, imagine that. We also have birthers in Taiwan too.[/quote]

I think its a reference to his still unconfirmed US green card status rather than where he was born…[/quote]

I think Jilla means that there are conspiracy theorists in Taiwan was well. But it would not surprise me if Ma did obtain a green card during his stay in the US. I hear green cards were much easier to obtain back then. However, anyone with a rudimentary grasp of US law would know having a green card is very different from being a US citizen. MA would be an unlawful ROC president only if he was a citizen of another country. So I don’t know what people who keep harping on the suspected green card issue hope to achieve.

Because you can’t hold public office in Taiwan and have permanent residency in another country.

It’s not a “suspected” green card. Ma admits he had one and didn’t do anything to rescind to it. Of course, he started by saying “I don’t have a green card,” but under pressure changed his answer to “I used to have one.”

news.ltn.com.tw/news/focus/paper/185779

Ma contends he lost it after spending a year without visiting the US, a position that was supported by former AIT chief Douglas Paal. But there are different interpretations of US immigration laws. Read for yourself.

state.gov/documents/organization/87545.pdf

Not much of a conspiracy theory when the facts are all laid out there. But also, I think, a quite irrelevant controversy that detracts from the real issues of Ma’s presidency we should be discussing.

Indeed. I always thought of it as pretty irrelevant.