Ma v Chen Televise debate

asiamedia.ucla.edu/article.a … ntid=42039

Anyone have a vid of this 2 hour lively debate online.

I want to show a friend how ridiculous it is in Taiwan. For pete sakes neither man is running for the same office, yet they have a televised debate that goes on for an extra hour.

Well, in many countries it is normal for the president to receive the head of the party rulling the parliament -> in the case of R.O.C. the LY.

So it is not ridiculous that those 2 guys met. What it is ridiculous is a tv debate so long and that in the end only showed up to demonstrate that they don’t really know about politics - just know about slamming each other.
Did anyone saw a real political promiss in there? I’m sorry if Ma says he is not the government, but the pan-blue camp can pass agenda into the LY to be discussed -or refuse it. So also KMT should be more willing to do something instead of allways saying it is DPP fault. The way opposition works is by being constructive, and not be being destructive. But the KMT never liked to be opposition, as they never where since the foundation of R.O.C.

But the KMT is getting better, its not like they are routing out the DPP from the ROC, like they did with the CCP.

What really shocking is that there might be a part II to this series of debates.

Part I was shocking enough, because what was the point? CSB just wanted to do one-ups-man-ship on Ma on his glorious return from the USA tour. It’s not like Ma is running against CSB agian in 2008 (Taipei Mayor election part II).

If CSB keeps this up, what is the DPP presidential candidate suppose to say in 2008, CSB is stealing that candidates thunder already.

Maybe CBS is playing MA to give some clear statements and policies for once.

So far ma is just talking air and showing off.

I liked ma better before he bacame major of Taipei, then he was stong against corruption and black gold. Now he is only platitudes and even support questionable candidates.

Shame on ma.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]But the KMT is getting better, its not like they are routing out the DPP from the ROC, like they did with the CCP.

What really shocking is that there might be a part II to this series of debates.

Part I was shocking enough, because what was the point? CSB just wanted to do one-ups-man-ship on Ma on his glorious return from the USA tour. It’s not like Ma is running against CSB agian in 2008 (Taipei Mayor election part II).

If CSB keeps this up, what is the DPP presidential candidate suppose to say in 2008, CSB is stealing that candidates thunder already.[/quote]

Are you flip flopping? I thought you said Ma’s US Visit was tarnished because a minor mayor wouldn’t visit him while everyone else did?

Glorious? I don’t know many people that really use that world except by imperialists and Klingons.

Anyway I have to agree with X3M. Where did Ma’s supposed righteousness go? If it didn’t go anywhere then we have another Lee Tung Hui. If it did leave then we now have a deadly words-but-no-action opportunist.

PS: Oh god, I noticed beneath your name it says “Thinking of Having Kids”. I hope its a post ranking, otherwise we’ll just have to neuter you. 1 Dropout is too hot to handle already. :laughing: