Ma Ying-jeou indicted for leaking of secrets

I remember this, Ma Ying Yeou telling everyone “look what I found in Wang Jin-pyng’s telephone calls”, the first thought of most people wasn’t what was in the call, but why are you listening in to his calls in the first place, and what business is it of yours to disclose it.

Nothing wrong in holding those in power accountable for their actions.

A banana republic would go after their political rival by targeting people associated with them to create a fear by association, then they would manufacture a crime, plant evidence using the state apparatus and then try to remove them from the picture by means of a legal system. That is happening in some countries, but I think Taiwan’s system is for the most part working just fine.

He broke the law and that’s why he’s going to jail. If you break the same law, you would go to jail too.

Except he won’t go to jail. Even if Ma accepted the High Court verdict (which he won’t–he’ll appeal) he could walk away by paying NT$120,000.

Guy

Are you familiar with campaign finance laws in the US? No one has been prosecuted for over-donating, until they selectively decided to nail Dinesh D’Souza.

Updates in this case?
When is the appeal taking place?