Mac User Group for English Speaking Community in Taipei

What is your disposition towards establishing an Apple Macintosh user group for the foreign/English speaking communitiy in Taiwan/Taipei?

• I am a Mac user, BUT you are out of your mind! Have you been drinking? (yes, if you must ask)
  • I am a Mac user. I’ll go to any event that includes booze.
  • I am a Mac user. I’m moderately interested.
  • I am a Mac user. OK, fine. About time! Who, what, when and where?
  • I am a Mac user. I am stoked! Now I dont’ have to be ashamed! I can now associate with geeks of my own kind.
  • I am a Mac user. Hey, I’m all over this. I’ll provide free booze in my my bathtub!

0 voters

A poll is attached to this post. Please indicate your interest in a Macintosh User Group for the foreign/English speaking community in Taiwan/specifically Taipei.

I checked online with Apple. Apparently the only user group registered with Apple is:

appleusergroups.com/locator/find … ountry=303

Perhaps a casual, beer drinking association would do us all good in our cultish practice of Mac use. ALSO, I would think those into “open source”/FreeBSD would be interested in the Apple’s unique blend of the following:

• UNIX-style FreeBSD core
  • Advanced Auqua/Quartz graphical user interface
  • Advanced RISC CPU, now into 64-bit processing
  • Consumer, educational, industrial and enterprise-grade capability
  • and so forth

I’m just getting a feeling right now and don’t really have a specific agenda. All comments are welcome. All suggestions must envolve moderate quantities of booze.

Jeremy

count, hiccup, me in.

Chou

Booze, yes. But, who’s going to bring the lederhosen?

Sure why not.

how about for us closet mac people. can’t wait to come out and switch. although i would remain a switch-hitter. :laughing:

I’m up for it but hope its not too Taipei centric…we have Macs in Taichung…not many but a few!

Sounds great. Hopefully it could be scheduled for a time when people did not have to be work the next morning.

Yeah, we could all bring our macs too. Kind of like dog walkers in golden gate park.
Hope you plan it for after first week August when I get back.

Drinks fine, but I don’t want to sit near chodofu.
Re: Work next morning.
Maybe it could be a weekend late afternoon gig?

[quote=“fredericka bimmel”]Yeah, we could all bring our macs too. Kind of like dog walkers in golden gate park.
Hope you plan it for after first week August when I get back.

Drinks fine, but I don’t want to sit near chodofu.
Re: Work next morning.
Maybe it could be a weekend late afternoon gig?[/quote]

:laughing: ha, ha, I’ll bathe and wear a muzzle.

Chou

All you Mac heads out there…
[b]CHECK THIS OUT[b]

So, when’s this get together going to happen?

I’m still working on this. I’m currently limping from a motorcycle accident. I’ll be back in the hi-life again soon to pick this up.

Hi,
I’m looking for a Mac User Group (MUG) for Taoyuan or Hsinchu counties. Any info out there?

Meh I own a mac but I am not interested in such a group. I was a member of a LUG/MUG back in the states and after awhile it just gets kind of boring after awhile. In the beginning it was cool because I learned a lot about how to work in *nix, but as the majority involved were hobbyists once the basics were learned it became a linux/mac circle jerk.