Maca Powder, Horny Goat Weed, Raw Organic Cocoa, Wild Alaskan Salmon, Vitamin D3 and others

Just changing my diet recently and would love to know of any suggestions of where to find these below.

I’m looking for these in Taipei:

[b]Organic Maca Powder (preferably yellow variety)

Raw Organic Cocoa

Wild Alaskan Salmon (not in the tin)

Vitamin D3 Capsules (not tablets)

Organic Apples

Organic Grapes

Horny Goat Weed

L-Arginine

Garlic Tablets

Tonkgat Ali

Tribulus Terrestis[/b]

Thanks for your help!

Found maca tablets at my local wellcome in Yong He, but you are probably better off getting someone from home to send it to you or bringing it back with you, which is what I did.

Organic cocoa isn’t as hard to find, city super at Fuxing SOGO had it. I bought mine at a Matsusei supermarket at the bottom of Pacific mall in Yong he (they also has organic quinoa). If you are searching specifically for raw, I haven’t seen it.

Wild Alaskan Salmon - Costco used to carry it, but haven’t noticed if they still do.

Organic produce- you can rely on any Cottonfield store for apples and veggies. Also the big foreign chains like, city super, matsusei and Jason’s will carry it. Some Wellcome markets have small organic sections as well.

Can’t help with any of the other things, but if you can use ruten.com.tw, I have had a lot of luck with specialty items.

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much thats really helpful!

According to Wikipedia, also known as rowdy lamb herb, Randy Beef Grass (come on, this one can’t be real, right?), barrenwort, bishop’s hat, fairy wings, epimedium, or 淫羊藿 in Chinese. Nearly every one of those names is comedy gold! Now I’m curious where to find this plant of passion, this creeper of concupiscence.

Raw Organic Cocoa – I saw a Maya brand raw cocoa chocolate bar at the Nangang Exhibition Hall today, at the food expo, but it wasn’t the pure cocoa.

Organic Apples & Organic Grapes – any organic grocery. They’re scattered all over. Donghu has three or four, at least, for instance.

You could try www.pchome.com.tw. But it’s in Chinese, so you might need to use google chrome to translate (which means you have to navigate by category). It’s possible to order from them without a credit card (use 7-11 ibon). You will need your address in Chinese and you will need a Chinese name (the delivery address only accepts Chinese names).

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Raw Organic Cocoa – I saw a Maya brand raw cocoa chocolate bar at the Nangang Exhibition Hall today, at the food expo, but it wasn’t the pure cocoa.

Organic Apples & Organic Grapes – any organic grocery. They’re scattered all over. Donghu has three or four, at least, for instance.[/quote]
How is the food expo this year?

It wasn’t bad, but ‘how it was’ probably depends on your perspective. We visited it as buyers, planning a small food shop, rather than as end consumers.

DId the OP ever find raw organic cocoa? We’re now selling organic, fair-trade cocoa at our new shop in Donghu (the same kind we use in our baked products), but it’s not labeled as raw.

If you are really stuck i can try and talk a farmer here into parting with some raw cacao beans, he is “organic”, meaning fairly clean but uses mild fertilizers. But he has huge demand so not sure. Locally grown wont be cheap like African or Malaysian type Cacao though… I also grow it but my plants probably a year away from producing fruit, but i am fully organic though not certified.

Tribulus grows here, check herbal shops with chinese name. I forget what it is sorry.

There are ltos of grape farmers here, there must be some organic ones if you like the varieties grown here.

Garlic tablets, not sure if i know where to get tabs, but its easy to find organic and dried garlic here. Unless a gelcap is important to you :slight_smile: