Madonna's new kid's book

Does anyone know why the pop singer JOLIN is in all the newspapers today, AND on the cover of Madonna’s new kids book, THE ENGLISH ROSES? Is Jolin the spokesgirl for the book, or the what? seems more like a fashion story than a book story, with all the newspapers talking about what dress Madonna wore, PRADA, whoever that is, and such pretty boots on JOLIN, whoever she is. What’s going on here?

1. Who is Jolin and why is she pushing Madonna’s books here. Does she want to kiss Madonna too a la Britney?

2. Did anyone read the book yet or know what it’s about? The media reviews I saw quickly earlier, i didn’t bother to read them yet, said it was a so so book, some critics raved, others panned it. par for the course i guess.

3. What is Madonna’s real name. I forget.

Sadly I couldn’t find a previous article.

But . . .

ENID v MADONNA Sep 16 2003

Who wins battle of literary ladies?

BUDDING children’s writer Madonna said she had never heard of Enid Blyton at the launch of her children’s book, The English Roses, on Sunday

sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c … 293163.DTL

Madonna’s kids’ book lands with a thud
Million copies of overblown, empty story SAYS THE HEADLINE

This one’s a bad review. There must be some good ones out there too.

Must admit, i never heard of that ENID BLYTON too, who is she? is ten words or so?

Wrote 4,000 stories and 700 books. Sold 100million books worldwide. Eight million sold globally every year in more than 40 languages.

HG

wow, an amazing woman! Enid I mean!

still, question number uno, why is JOLIN the spokesman, model, presenter for this Madonna book? Is jolin her secret lover, did Jolin major in English at college in Kaohsiung and actually TRANSLATE the book? I doubt she has such skills?

But maybe there was some cross marketing involved with JOLIN’s managers and label getting together with the agent handling the international sales of M’s book, and they said, SYNERGY. Let’s let Jolin, who some boys dream of wildly, translate/present this book to taiwan so we can get more boy toys, er, customers. Is Jolin’s pop career on the way up or down? I dont follow this stuff. anybody know? alieny?

It’s all marketing Formosa. Why do you think Kournikova was in town? They’re about to launch the Omega English Rose watch, targeted at the kiddie market. Jolin is just a small pawn in this game, signed up to hawk the English Rose Tea Eggs at 7-11, not to mention the The English Rose Learn English With Roses Rosy English Language Series. I’m thinking of buying the English Rose motorcycle helmet, but will wait until the fakes start showing up in Shihlin Night Market.

holy fuck, Hakkasonic, you really know the marketing buzz. wow! So sexy Ku Mei Anna came here to show some cleavage and get ready to intro Omega watches that are crosspollinated from the Madonna book? That is really disgusting! and i mean it this time!

JEsus, isn’t anything REAL anymore? 711 tea eggs, Jolin, Anna K, what in the eff is this all about. There must be some great PR genius in London laughing all the way to the bank. NOW. RIGHT now.

Now i learned this, can u confirm. I just came back from bkstore and guess what, Jolin’s photo is on cover of the M book, but no M photo. just Jolin. and the book says, accroding to my mandarainr eading GF, translated by UNQUORE something something LIN, that is Jolin’s Chiense name. so they signed her up to be the translator. wow. great m,arketing ploy.

but qwuestion: can this pop singer with the almond eyes really translate very well, or did some editor really do the translation and JOLIN just says she did it for the PR appeal?

I feel so totally used by these marketing fuckers. Hakkasonic, you have ruined RUINED my day, maybe my LIFE! Thanks for nuttin!

1. Nancy Frater, owner of Booklore in Orangeville, also expects the book to find an audience. “I think it’s going to sell well, but we have to wait until the jury’s in about the quality of the book,” she said. "Some people could look at it and say `Oh it’s just another celebrity writing a book.’

2. Some buyers of the book have already posted reviews on Amazon.com. U.S. poster Michael E. Walker gave it only one star, saying “Please do not purchase this. It is totally unacceptable. This is just her way of cashing in on motherhood.”

Formosa, as I wrote earlier, everything is marketing. My online persona, for example, was created by HS Technologies to appeal to middle-aged men too lazy to leave the house to seek companionship and who easily are enticed into discussions with computer programs posing as chatters. By the way, have you seen the Hakkasonic Hyrdraulic Monkey Wrench Set yet? Perfect for all of those do-it-yourself chores and now on sale at Costco, while supplies last (makes a perfect belated Moon Festival gift).

wait a minute, Hakkaformosa, those were my instructions too!

“Your online persona was created by EF Technologies to appeal to middle-aged men too lazy to leave the house to seek companionship and who easily are enticed into discussions with computer programs posing as chatters.”

[quote=“formosa”]wait a minute, Hakkaformosa, those were my instructions too!

“Your online persona was created by EF Technologies to appeal to middle-aged men too lazy to leave the house to seek companionship and who easily are enticed into discussions with computer programs posing as chatters.”[/quote]

Formosa, I never would have guessed. This situation could have serious repercussions for the structure of the universe. I’m contacting corporate at once!

HakkaSonic, forget corporate. contact marketing ASAP.

and R&D!

[quote=“formosa”]HakkaSonic, forget corporate. contact marketing ASAP.

and R&D![/quote]

Formosa. I’ll contact HR ASAP and CC R&D. This could hurt B2B and B2C sales and impact P&L. We’ll need a QR on the QC for ROW. This is worse than Y2K.

HS.

PS. Tomorrow night, BYOB.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

“If I leaned over and kissed you right now it would probably make national news, we could fly to New York and be on Howard Stern tomorrow but would that advance my career as a children’s author? I certainly hope not and I think that’s something to keep in mind do you want that person coming into your home as an author for a children’s book I don’t think so, I don’t as a mother,” said Kat Shehata, local children’s author in Akron, Ohio USA, which is the city where the illustrator Jeffrey Fluvimari comes from.

i guess i am the only here tonight.

Q: What important lessons should kids learn today?
MADONNA: The most important lesson kids can learn is that we are all connected to each other on a soul level and we need to learn to love and care for our fellow man, no matter what!

re The English Roses.

And that when we become adults, we should tie each other and engage in all kinds of erotic fantasies, some of which are depicted in my other books, available at amazon.com.

HakkaSonic, I always start reading your posts in normal frame of mind and then when i hit the punch line the lights go out! LOL! I am now sure that you are the funniest poster on this webforum, bar none. Give this man a beer!

and what u said , so true.

Madonna, what a putz! don’t get me started!

funny reporter in USA wrote

here it is, “The English Roses” (Callaway, $19.95, 46 pages), in bookstores and backed with the kind of low-key awareness campaign one would expect from the Material Mum: an appearance on “Oprah,” an earnest piece in People magazine, a big splash on amazon.com and the renaming of one of the smaller Central Asian countries “Madonnastan.”

[quote=“formosa”]funny reporter in USA wrote

here it is, “The English Roses” (Callaway, $19.95, 46 pages), in bookstores and backed with the kind of low-key awareness campaign one would expect from the Material Mum: an appearance on “Oprah,” an earnest piece in People magazine, a big splash on amazon.com and the renaming of one of the smaller Central Asian countries “Madonnastan.”[/quote]

If only The English Roses had been around when Martha Stewart few up, she would have turned out okay (it would have done nothing for Leona Helmsley though). I heard Madonna is really becoming family oriented these days and is even about to launch her own line of diapers (for both adults and children).