Magic?!

I’ve been trying to beat this thing but no luck. Anyone have an explanation, or is it REAL magic?

magictricks.co.uk/mindreader/MagicTricksMR

[quote=“gomerpyle”]I’ve been trying to beat this thing but no luck. Anyone have an expanation, or is it REAL magic?

magictricks.co.uk/mindreader/MagicTricksMR[/quote]
Don’t you always get the same symbol, regardless what number you choose? That’s the explanation. :wink:

I don’t know why it is this way (and don’t really feel like figuring it out), but no matter what you do there are only a few possible answers: 98, 81, 72, 63, 54, 48, 45, 36, 27, 18, 9 (I may have missed, or miss typed one of those.) It just makes sure those numbers always have the same symbol (it changes each time you click it.)

No, you don’t get the same symbol every time

Don’t read this ->
[but the symbols next to the numbers change too)

I always got the same symbol because I didn’t click (while trying different numbers).
Of course it looks more magically if you click and they re-arrange them …

It’s magic. It’s a magic trick rendered by mathematician! :smiling_imp:
The rule is simple. But I’m not sure if we should reveal
the secret here in case more people want to solve the puzzle. So I also encode the answer below. Actually, miltownkid has almost solved it!

From the chart, whatever two-digit number (10-99) you choose,the final number you get each time must be the number of multiple of 9, like 9,18,27,36,45,54,63,72,81,90, and 99. And the symbols next to those numbers are consistently the same, as they change together each time you play.

[quote=“candyfloss”]It’s magic. It’s a magic trick rendered by mathematician! :smiling_imp:
The rule is simple. But I’m not sure if we should reveal
the secret here in case more people want to solve the puzzle. So I also encode the answer below. Actually, miltownkid has almost solved it!

From the chart, whatever two-digit number (10-99) you choose,the final number you get each time must be the number of multiple of 9, like 9,18,27,36,45,54,63,72,81,90, and 99. And the symbols next to those numbers are consistently the same, as they change together each time you play.
[/quote]

[quote]Highlight below to see much too much thought about it.

[color=white]I’m going to add to that. If you think of it as (I’m not exactly sure how to express it in correct mathematical language) XY - (X-Y) with X being the 10s digit and Y being the 1s digit, you’ll notice that the Y “cancels out” every time.

So what you have is X0 - X, which ends up being 9X (somehow :s :smiley: ).

So for instance 63 - (6+3) subtract the 3 first and you get 60 - 6 (that three could have been any 1 digit number.) That ends up being 54. Walking through that helped me see the 9X thing too. That’s because by subtracting what’s in the 10s place you’re always subracting 10% or as the Chinese like to see it 9折. 6*9 is essentially 60打9折 (60 * .9).[/color][/quote]

That was truely mathemagical!

It works by picking up your brainwaves with the mouse, and amplifying and decoding them.

It works because when you move the mouse over the final digit, such as 63, then screen then hypnotizes itself and relays the image on that digit over to the SHOW ME screen. amazing stuff.