Mailing airline tickets from overseas

Is it possible to have someone buy airplane ticket in one country and mail it to me here for me to use? I’m sure the answer is a resounding “NO”, but I have no idea why it couldn’t be done. If specifics are important the ticket would hopefully be a return Taipei/Entebbe, bought in Uganda and mailed to me here. Thanks for any advice or answers you may have.

“Back to front” ticket are best avoided as the airline will know it wasn’t purchased in Taiwan. It’s not illegal, but in practice, the airline at this end will most likely refuse to honour it.

Yes, I guess the airline would not want you to buy the ticket cheaply, and they already know about this trick.
I’m pretty sure they would also insist that you can’t take the outward bound journey after the return journey.

Yep, no such thing as flying in reverse order. Otherwise, if you should get the ticket indeed with the correct flight schedule, I see no reason why you shouldn’t be allowed to use it. But getting this ticket overseas will be the challenge …

Closest I can get to this is buying tickets in HK on my Taiwan credit card for a trip HK-Tpe-HK and couriering them to the UK for use as onward bound tickets after arrival in HK. So no using return first etc but it was much cheaper buying in HK than in UK and so far so good.

Thanks for the input, guess I’ll have to bite the bullet and buy the tickets in Taiwan. By the way the last time I went to Uganda the agent gave me this route: Tpe-HK-Bgk-London-Dubai-Nigeria-Uganda. When I suggested this might be a slightly less efficient route than flying straight to Dubai or the Gulf and then on to Uganda, she told me there weren’t any flights from Taiwan to any country in the Gulf!

Another question if I may…If I were to buy tickets over the internet, say Taipei to wherever, I assume that they would be mailed to me in Taiwan. If this is how it’s done (I’ve never done it so have no clue), then what’s the difference between an internet agency mailing the tickets to you or just gettting someone to mail them from overseas…if the answer is obvious please let me know!

Thanks again in advance.

[quote=“crisp”]

Another question if I may…If I were to buy tickets over the internet, say Taipei to wherever, I assume that they would be mailed to me in Taiwan. If this is how it’s done (I’ve never done it so have no clue), then what’s the difference between an internet agency mailing the tickets to you or just gettting someone to mail them from overseas…if the answer is obvious please let me know![/quote]

If you buy from an agency that is not in the country of departure, you are paying in a different currency and, most importantly, you are not paying the “Taiwan price”. If the ticket wasn’t bought from a Taiwanese agency in Taiwanese currency, you may expect problems.