Major Mosque shooting in Christchurch NZ

Yeah, there’s pretty bad “thread drift” here (as usual when anything is related to Islam or religious identity). Clean-up in aisle 5?

1 Like

So it’s a question of what you think. My point is, that’s your only example? It’s not a strong one.

You’re drunk on Sam Harris.

Some as young as 13 is not the same as 6. It’s a fact Mohammed sought permission to marry Aisha as it was not normal at the time.

If you’re going to comment on a link it’s a good idea to read it first.

Its not what I think. If you’re going to be having sex with a child every night as reported in Islamic sources, you liked it. It’s not that big of a jump to say he liked having sex with a child.

There’s been many NGOs like the Organization of Islamic cooperation trying to pressure law makers in limiting free speech according to sharia compliance. There’s many none binding bills passed in Canada and other bills that got rejected, and there’s been the expending of the scope of existing laws that do that.

Here is what the OIC says about countering Islamophobia
http://www.iqrasense.com/islamic-outreach/challenges-of-countering-islamophobia-the-oic-initiative.html

Here is a German journalist jailed

https://www.theissue.com/politics/german-journalist-sentenced-to-6-months-of-jail-time-for-criticizing-islam

There’s more of examples if you want to look of expending the scope of how the law is applied in many cases under hate speech and such.

Answer this, if Muhammad was alive today. Would he be closer to the people in ISIS or closer to your moderate Muslims?

We seem to be going way off topic, if you would like to have a discussion on the ins and outs of Islam or free speech might I suggest starting a thread on that topic elsewhere.

5 Likes

Juan Cole’s recent post brings it all together:

Okay.

It turns out that guy didn’t actually shoot back. It seems like the terrorist dropped a gun and went back to his car to get more. Then this man grabbed the dropped gun, chased him outside with it, and then hurled it through his back window. The terrorist thought he was being shot at, and he fled the scene.

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: OT from Major Mosque shooting

A post was merged into an existing topic: OT from Major Mosque shooting

If the people of New Zealand move towards banning semi-automatic weapons like they were gonna do back in 2009, before the NSA pushed to have it overturned, then perhaps things like this wouldn’t happen again, at least not with this kind of fatalities.

Australia’s Port Arthur trajedy got the country together. Perhaps New Zealand would do the same.

5 Likes

Here is their crowdfunding page if anyone is interested in helping out. There’s a few others but this seems to be the main one.

So are they banning most guns because even a 9mm pistol is semi-automatic.

Good, ban them

2 Likes

If the whole point of having these weapons is for hunting, like so many people claim when arguing for a loose gun law, in what situation do you really need these weapons for hunting?

I mean if you miss one shot, the animals would be scurrying away anyway, what’s the point of having 10 or 20 consecutive shots for hunting? They are only needed when fighting off a swarm of giant ants or tarantulas, or kill of bunch of people…

1 Like

You can shoot an animal while it is running away. I think you would get about 3 shots off if you are good.

With a bolt-action hunting rifle that is.

The people affected are complying.

1 Like