Major Mosque shooting in Christchurch NZ

If you are hunting in say America where bears are present and the bear threatens your life, you want a gun.
Adam Greentree who is an Australian bow hunter who hunts in America a lot always carries a pistol in case a bear comes.

That is uncalled for. You know they can’t get guns here.

That comment may have been uncalled for and exaggerated, but it’s accurate to say that the alt-right ideology ferments and incites violence.

1 Like

Yes

By that logic, the best way to defend against neo-Nazi violence is to have a few beers with some skinheads.

Gun control is another issue where liberals and alt right types both miss the point.

You’re right that there are some places in the US where you cannot rely on law enforcement to keep you safe, and that having a weapon for self defense at home (licensed, after you can prove you’re not a loony serial killer, maybe with some background checks etc) is probably a good idea. I used to live in Bed Stuy and there were gunshots every night on Atlantic Ave outside my block.

On the other hand, the idea that every civilian walking around strapped in public places is going to keep anyone safer, or somehow you can be on guard for this and prevent it by being armed all the time is an idiotic fantasy that the US needs to let go of.

How about toning down the rhetoric of violence against certain ethnic groups? That may help.

That’s exactly right. And in the real world, Jewish leaders have done that, and the results were a greater mutual understanding.

An armed group of Muslims with weapons to protect themselves? Sounds like you’ve been reading up on Malcolm X lately and the Nation of Islam lately. What’s with the change in tone? I like it.

The guy had already left and he was on the run. The cops took 35 minute sto aprehend him. The ambulances and firts responders were there in minutes. Please see link I attached before from local newspapers, international news chains dis not quite get the whole picture. Did you see there was a sniper convention in town, but even they had to be accompanied by local cops on the man hunt?

Andrew, take it from someone who has been probably in mroe life/death situations due to civil unrest and plain violnce from crime. The lone super hero looks nice in movies, we al love McClaine. but guns are not the answer.

I understand that in the US they have teh idea that they have to protect their property shooting anyone who dares enetr their property, and teh law is on their side. But more often than not, it is an innocent who gets hurt. Same with teh government is against us. The Constitutions calls for amilitia, which means well trined and organize dpeople. Unfortunately you get Waco, people led by a pied piper down a rabbit hole, or the lone wold 50 submachine owner who makes it his crusade to save white civilization from extintion.

1 Like

They weren’t native to the island, so they have no natural predators.

faster than the police, I reckon

Pistol is not a semi-automatic rifle. Also, why not just carry bear mace?

Lol bear mace. A mother grizzly bear protecting it’s cub (pic related) that can charge you and rip your face off and then you’re going to try use bear mace to stop it? Good luck with that.

download

It’s proven that bear mace is more effective against bears. You have more time to react, and you don’t have to be accurate when a bear jumps you.

It will stop a bear in its track and you don’t end up killing it, assuming you even get away with your pistol. The only thing against bear mace would be strong winds.

Here’s an idea. Unless they’re on your property or directly threatening your life, let’s just leave bears the hell alone.

You’re all wrong! @Andrew0409 is the best deterrent for @the_bear.

1 Like

I actually forgot I’d muted the IP forum which was why I wasn’t in the thread to start with. Now I can’t seem to mute the thread because I’ve already posted in it. :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

1 Like

The hunter did not shoot/shoot at the bear, and was recording it to prove that his life was being threatened if he did shoot the bear.

Apology accepted.

1 Like

"Bear spray puts out a good, concentrated cloud to roughly 25 or 30 feet. So ultimately you would want the cloud in the bears face or just in front of it if charging. I estimated that I sprayed at about that distance or likely further at the initial spray but I can only speculate the exact distance. In any case, the cloud of spray engulfed the bear. I am also aware that bear spay has a slight recoil that will lift you arm a couple of inches and shift your spray pattern upward, so I was sure to keep the pattern low to the ground and at the attacker.

The bear did not stop at the cloud of spray and was through it immediately. Had she taken a deep breath at the right moment while going through the spray, it may have been a different story. Had she slowed, stopped or bluff charged at the cloud for a second, I believe the spray would have had an obvious effect as well. In this situation, I believe her speed and determination just carried her through the spray with a minimal effect that did not deter her. She was focused on getting to me."

Not always.
A professional bow hunter who rather chooses a gun over bear mace must say something.

Again, this are extreme situations. How many peopel hundt every day?

Most people in the cities willl not face a bear. they may encounter thieves, who are not only more experineced and determined than a bear but also will not hesitate to kill. That is the point. A normal, healthy in mind peson, will hesitate to shoot to kill even if threatened. It si teh ones who lose the fuse that will shoot ramdomly…from rooftoops, from hotel rooms, from parking lots, not with a gun but with high powered automatic rifles.

OK, imagine that everyone is give chance to open carry semi automatics. Not only it sio sdifficult to tell the “good” gusy from teh “bad”, but also you ahve the heat of teh moment explosions. The parking spot dispute turns deadly, a toddler grans a gun to play, a teenager runs down teh street with a gun in hsi hand and someone mistakes him for a thief… The army patrolling teh stteets leads to more deaths, more violence, not less, ask us.

If found guilty, he could face up to 14 years’ jail.

Might be a few nervous people out there right about now.

A 14-year sentence seems a bit excessive, but maybe to be expected in a country with a hijab-wearing prime minister.

2 Likes