Major Mosque shooting in Christchurch NZ

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Fuck it…how do I get this fucker of a thread muted?

Anybody?

Hmm…I’ve posted, but the option to mute still comes up. Try a different browser?

1 Like

Or clear your cookies.

Probably best to tag a mod or PM one, instead of just yelling at the clouds about it.

:cold_sweat::scream::hot_face:

The New Zealanders seem quite happy with their prime minister:

Over the past 72 hours the world has witnessed what a real leader looks like in New Zealand’s Prime Minister @jacindaardern. Today she mourned at a vigil in a full hijab and promised that the nation would not just cover the costs of 51 funerals, but would look after the families and their expenses for as long as it took. This after announcing they would ban assault rifles. Listen - real leaders do exist. And you learn who they are under pressure, in turmoil

I live in Christchurch, here we are so grateful of our leaders strength and guidance… As we drown in grief and sadness she holds our heads up till we can and will again :heart:

Amazing human she was at the Wellington mosque :mosque: today morning as I was there to experience first hand of the pain and the never ending tears in her eyes she hugged me tightly and said we gonna get through those…may god bless her and her family I am a proud new zelander there is no where else I would call home and fell safe …than Nz

Please notice the advice regarding the customary dress code to visit mosques. Covering one´s head is not mandatory but it is a kind gesture.

Is the toggle at the bottom not working?

I would hope so. It’s not like we can just let civilians on the loose with snipers with a permit to kill.

Guns are the problem. Let’s go with that logic. But what is a reasonable defense against guns? A gun. Why do the police use guns than If they aren’t the answer? And you’re right, not a movie. The bad guys are likely equally as incompetent with a gun as the average folk. They aren’t ex navy seals turned bad, they’ll probably run like normal humans do when bullets fly their way. A responsible gun owner should at least be accurate 20-25 feet.

For me it’s like this. My next door village just got sacked by raiders with swords. Why would I make Swords illegal in my village? Not like the raiders would follow my villages laws and now I made everyone defenseless.

I imagine many parts of New Zealand are rather out in nature and far. Seeing a 36 min response time for help, I’d imagine if you could ask the people gun downed that day, they’d wish they had a gun

1 Like

One last time: it was not 36 minutes response time. It was the time it took to catch the perpetrator.

Now tell me how long it took law enforcement in the U.S. to catch the Vegas shooter? Compare to other shooters. How long it took for cops to enter the scene in Columbine and how long at the Florida nightclub? Find similar instances where a chase was involved, not suicide.

So that’s 36 min of a guy with a gun on a shooting rampage. I’d like a gun please, I’m rusty but I’m sure I can still hit a target with a rifle if he’s just walking around not expecting it. Unless he has special training, my chances of survival is much better if I can defend myself with a gun.

Idk how long the other times are. Case by case. With this guy, id like a gun even if I’m just running away.

2 Likes

We should all be skeptical of claims of innocent victims. It was a standard propaganda ploy even before Michael Brown.

Every thug’s mother thinks his son is a good boy.

1 Like

Neutralizing the perp is the only response that actually matters. So yes, it was 36 minutes response time,

1 Like

??!!

You do realize that we’re talking about a mass shooting here…?

You would hope a Leader would attempt diplomacy at this time . I don’t see a wave of Antipodeans wishing to attack Turkey ? Wish politicians everywhere would stop using this tragedy to promote agendas. :pensive:

Turkey’s Erdogan :Australians who plan to visit [#Turkey] for [#Anzac]Day in April. "If you come in peace, fine, if not, you will be sent back in COFFINS the way your forefathers were dispatched after the Gallipoli Battle of WW1.

According to New Zealand’s foreign minister Winston Peters, the stunt “imperils the future and safety of the New Zealand people and our people abroad and it’s totally unfair.”

“Is it worth showing this bloody massacre in order to gain a few more votes?” asked Turkish opposition spokesman Faik Oztrak.

Got it! Cheers.

You shall not see my ilk again.

بارك الله فيكم جميعا

Sure, from Hattori to all the babies that pull triggers…

Presumably he’s speaking with a domestic audience in mind, but that’s still a pretty dickish thing to say.

He IS a dick. He’s a tinpot Putin wannabe, who isn’t quite as meme-able. He’s rolled back a lot of basic freedoms in Turkey. And he’s basically stirring up anti-Australian (and by extension anti-westerner) rhetoric here. Irresponsible to say the least. At worst, dangerous.

2 Likes

Worse to come for survivors struggling with PTSD:

CBS News: Second Parkland shooting survivor commits apparent suicide: Parent points to Columbine.