Major Mosque shooting in Christchurch NZ

3 men and a woman if I read the nz news site correctly.

My (all but 2) family lives in and around Auckland, my FB news feed was hit hard by everyone posting about it, so many different tales, but most say 3-4 gunmen and one states 3 men and a woman. All nz websites, not American news since you can’t really trust anything the American news reports.

It’s important that people don’t share the video or the stupid manifesto or focus too much on the terrorists themselves, because for them the attention is all.

It’s like that Treehouse of Horror episode of the Simpsons when the big mascots come to life and rampage through Springfield. Just don’t look! Just don’t look!

2 Likes

How about Kazakh, Uzbek, Tajik, Kyrgyz? They are recognized ethnic nationalities in China as well, muslims and no known persecutions.

They aren’t major Muslim populations in China.

2 Likes

So you saying Uyghurs in China are persecuted because they’re too many in numbers & not Chinese enough?

Who are you replying to?

You, you are saying the Kazakhs, Uzbeks, Tajiks and Kyrgyzs not significant enough in numbers for the reason they are not being persecuted by the Chinese government.

Maybe you should just say what you want to say instead of beating around the bush where no one gets your point

1 Like

The reason that Uyghurs seems overly watched in China because if you look the numbers (try google or wiki it), there are lots of radicals fighting for ISIS coming from Uyghur populations.
This is not the case for Hui, Kazakh or other Chinese muslimcommunity.

1 Like

My response to you was my first post in this thread. Other posters may have been saying what you think I said. No worries, though, it’s an easy mistake to make.

Not surprising, money is the god of the CCP.

1 Like

C’mon. They look happy. Be happy for them.

5 Likes

I am hopeful that parents will think a bit about that before they buy, or allow access to, one of those games for their young children.

Idk, I’ve been playing with violent games since I was a kid. I won’t even kill a fish and throw it back. Every time I go hunting with my friends I don’t actually shoot at the animal.

2 Likes

I think I read it somewhere saying that one or two of them were released shortly afterwards since they were clearly not involved.

Well, I deliberately didn’t write “…and don’t buy/allow it.” My feeling is that a parent shouldn’t allow young children to just play those games in a vacuum. Join them, talk about it, process the experience in a healthy way.

I’m not sure what you mean by the hunting anecdote. Neither do I. Sometimes you don’t see anything or can’t get a shot off. :idunno:

I purposely miss or just don’t shoot when I could. I would kill an animal if I had to eat. But not for sport and I don’t need to kill it for food. I think even kids can differentiate between video game characters being killed and a real person. If they can’t, maybe it’s not the game that’s the problem.

I really don’t think video games inspire real life violence in someone who is not already prone to violent behavior. If anything it’s a nice outlet in lieu of committing actual violent acts. If I ever want to jack a bus or walk around and beat the shit out of strangers I can just boot up GTA.

4 Likes

Video games are not the issue.