Major Mosque shooting in Christchurch NZ

From what I understand the CCP is slowly expanding their persecution of Muslims. I think they just got rid of halal food standards and often have anti Islamic propaganda spread. Even fake news of Islamic attacks that aren’t even real. All religions are “persecuted” to an extent in China. It’s all tightly watched and controlled.

1 Like

Then why go? You can just as easily take a nature walk. :idunno:

Possibly. Younger kids might not get what all that entails though, yeah? I wonder sometimes if that’s why kids in my elementary school slap one another in the face when they’re mad. It’s not just being able to differentiate TV actors and animated murder scenes from real people and reality. There is an impact, and your implication is what, that when some kid does flip out, it’s really more an organic problem in the kid? I’m curious.

Who is NOT biological prone to violence? Take a bottle away from a hungry baby. She will get violent right quick.

1 Like

I completely agree.

However, it is AN issue. The guy live streamed to look just like a video game, almost to make what he did more palatable. You can’t just toss that fact aside.

1 Like

I think there are a lot of disgruntled men, many happen to be white who feel disenfranchised and checked out with no purpose and role in society. If they’re white, they probably are more at risk of becoming caught with white nationalism, Arabic/Muslim they probably would be more likely to gravitate toward radical jihadis.

I think its far to easy to point and say white nationalism is stupid and bad and their followers are also stupid and bad. But I’m seeing more and more of it. People aren’t getting to the root of it trying to point at trump or other superficial stuff on the surface. I think more and more men are unhappy with how society is now. And we shouldn’t just dismiss them so quickly and say just adapt! There’s reason to be worried that more and more men…who also are likely to be of fighting age, are unhappy with society and don’t want to contribute.

2 Likes

Yes, and his goal was to use the attack to kick off civil war in the US and global war against Islam, the ultimate end of which would unite the world to somehow end climate change.

Clearly he thought that video games are a way to propagate hate and violence (I am not saying that violent video games alone propagate hate and violence; I am saying that video games can play a role in their spread.).

1 Like

Because I go with my friends who are hunters. They enjoy it for sport and eating and using the animals they killed. I don’t but I have no issues with killing people with tanks in a video game.

The issue is the person itself. Are they raised to have basic common sense? Or I think there are some people who are wired differently in the brain. They are like that regardless of the game.

Yeah, harvest. But anyway. Do they know you don’t won’t shoot?
In my hunting circles, that’s a dickmove. :eek:

It really doesn’t matter if they do. He used the perception of shooter games to piggyback his psychotic ideology in hopes of inspiring others to “play.” Same as the nutter kid who shop up the church down South wanting to start a race war. This bozo just actually used an established media platform to spread his poison, which is becoming more and more of a thing. He wasn’t the first by a long shot.

1 Like

Yeah, they know I don’t shoot. I just go to hang out and help. I guess I’m the gatherer. I would hunt if I needed to, I just don’t so I see no reason to take a life.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s healthy to believe that people are violent by nature, and I also don’t think that’s true. Everyone gets angry, but not everyone acts violently as a result.

I definitely think that most mature adults can control themselves before they get to that point. If they can’t, that’s a personal problem, and not just “oh well it’s human nature.” That’s bullshit. People are taught to be violent, or their violent behavior is enabled by others.

These are some interesting points, but I don’t see how they are related to my opinion that video games weren’t an issue in this massacre. Unless you are assuming from my post that I think white nationalism was the cause? In which case, yes, I think it was a catalyst. However, I would place money on this tragedy being primarily a mental health issue.

That’s a basic misunderstanding of human nature, then.

Violence is a naturally occurring, even normal human behavior.

1 Like

I would argue that society and culture teaches people to NOT be violent, and not doing so results in people acting out violently.

History suggests otherwise. Look at the last 100 years, as social constraints have become more effective at curbing violence. We are less violent as a species than we once were, but it’s not due to some conscious choice imo. It’s due to the rod, which is now wielded physically, politically and economically. I

1 Like

Nobody in my life is prone to behaving violently, probably because I cut ties with anyone who is. Everyone has the potential to be violent, but not everyone has the tendency.

We have come a long way as a species. Most of us, anyway…

Absolutely. And gun ownership.

So you think humans have evolved away from violence in the passed what 10,000 years? Seems a bit fast.

1 Like

Our societies have. We are still the same creature we were thousands of years ago.

2 Likes

I think it’s possible to avoid acting violently. I also believe it’s possible that some humans never behave violently.

However, I’m pretty sure the human record shows us clearly that we are a violent species. No question.

Which is a great thing IMO.
If it was Circa Game of Thrones era you could randomly stab people with a sword if you didn’t like the cut of their jib. The strong all preyed on the weak.

Society forces these animalistic tendencies down and thankfully we now have much longer life spans. For ‘society’ , making rules was self serving. The government could get people to work and pay taxes over a longer period of time so greater productivity rather than fighting all the time.

What I think is it’s very dangerous and frankly heinous to make sense of a murderer, terrorist, or other psychopath’s behavior by just saying “we are all violent anyway.”

Anthropological arguments aside, the people who do these things are uniquely twisted. It’s a separate discussion.

1 Like