Major thunderstorm

After today’s thunderstorm we had one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen in Sanxia …

It’s amazing to see two layers of clouds and the top one lit up by the setting sun …

Lovely…

Finally, after a few bloody hot days without thunderstorms … they are back … with a vengance …

Lightning (thunder) about every 10 seconds … wow

Over here now. I was outside 5 minutes ago and the lighting was very active. Now it’s pouring too.

Time to take the kids wormmucking.

[quote=“jdsmith”]Over here now. I was outside 5 minutes ago and the lighting was very active. Now it’s pouring too.

Time to take the kids wormmucking.[/quote]

Worm what?

MAJOR lighting now!!!

power on power off

kids by the windows ecstatic!

Keep your children away from windows to avoid static. Or balloons will keep sticking to them for weeks.

[quote=“jdsmith”]MAJOR lighting now!!!

power on power off

kids by the windows ecstatic![/quote]

Um, how are you able to post to Forumosa if the power keeps going on and off?

Just curious.

I have a wireless laptop which I unplug. If the power goes out, I just wait until it comes back and hit submit.

How do you do it? lol

:blush:

But, of course.

That makes sense.

I check and post to Forumosa from my desktop–which is plugged into the wall socket. If the power goes out, then no computer, no Forumosa, no posting.

Should have thought of the wireless laptop option.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Enjoy the thunder and lightning storms.

I had to shut down for a while … about 10 direct hits in the neighbourhood … lightning.bang … seen two of them land on neighbouring buildings’ lightning rods … fireworks … hooray … going darker again … not again … yep, starts again …

We’ve had about 15-20 close hits in the past hour.

jdsizzling

It’s over, still some rain tho …

Must… resist … must … not … talk … about … the … weather … price … of … fish … uninteresting … cannot … mustsWOW!Itsurejustgotreallyreallydarkhere!Wow!It’sraining!Cats anddogs!Soheavy!Ooooh!Raining.ItsrainingSLAP! Pull yourself together laddie! Are you a man or some old woman at the bus stop?

Got hit by lightnin’ Sandy?

What colour cats did you mostly get over your way, Sandman? We had a lot of blue dogs here, which is weird to say the least.

'Cause it came to the Songshan Airport area :astonished: That was some light show and rolling thunder…
(still on-going)

Hmm… what’s the consensus on bike riding in a thunderstorm?

See, I’ve been far too lazy over the last couple of months, and didn’t want to put it off any longer. And I figured that the bolts are far more likely to hit a building with a lightning rod than lowly me on my bike, so I went. Pretty pleasant in the rain, actually: you quit getting wet after the first five minutes; after that, it’s cooling. And the rain washes a lot of shit out of the air.

Anyways, along the river up towards Danshui and back.

And the closest Thor got was a communications tower, at least 25 or 30 meters away.

Lucky, or faith in technology paying off?