The GOP's House of Representatives Thread

Is it possible for you to not deliberately misspell a word or use italics in a post?

I want to authentically interact with the content you provide but it is hard when you dress it up so childishly.

On topic: Congress is following the law, surprise surprise. What would NOT be following the law would be Pence trying to do what Trump insists he has the power to do.

Trump knows this though and is just trying to make Pence - like everyone else around Trump - a scapegoat for Trump’s failures. Jesus, you would think people have seen this movie before by now and could predict what will happen next…

All his motivation from this point forward especially, is to corral loyal followers, by continuing the narrative he is infallible, so he can make money off them going forward.

1 Like

A mob forcing it’s way into a joint session of congress to disrupt them undertaking their Constitutionally mandated duties is what legal process, precisely?

Yeltsin had the guts to climb on a tank.
When Trump said “we’re going to walk down to the Capitol” he meant “you’re going to walk down to the Capitol- I’m going to run away.” Trump is more like Vice-President Yanayev, desperately doing everything he could to prevent democracy- and becoming a disgrace in the process.

3 Likes

pretty good cv summary for you. what the hell are you even talking about?

are you still in the right pants?

please get help. like seriously, as a veteran, get help.

Shoot. I ignored you b4 the forever option was available. bye

Ask Obama. That’s what he used to do as a community organizer.

And of course I was referring to Congress, not the protestors. But, siiiiigh, you knew that.

To to be fair…I don’t think Trump can walk very far.

So the GOP/Conservative pushback/distancing has begun in earnest.

Long live the Swamp!

Now, why couldn’t all this have happened without the hubbub? Lawyers making motions, presenting their side and then…well…peaceful if slightly less than civil resolution.

Conthemedia Rice returns. That Republicrat war maniac should be given a job with Beijing Biden.

I just read her new book on diplomacy after the Cold War. Very good, but yeah…it’s a mindset with some of these folks.

obama forced his way into congress to disrupt them undertaking their constitutionally mandated duties? wtf are you talking about?

and of course, i wasn’t referring to congress, but the mob. but you responded by referring to congress for some reason. talk about siiiiiggggh.

2 Likes

I believe bc that’s what I was originally was talking about.

You are really bad at the distraction thing. Like just bad at it. Do you like food? We have a Food Forum here.

You can’t have KristallNacht without breaking a little glass

1 Like

That’s a bit much. Disenfranchisement on all side of the Plebe has been a thing for quite a while now. It’s good to air their grievances. Some do it better than others. Note the lack of fires in DC right just now.

Sen. Lindsey Graham holds a press conference

I’m confused, I thought the DC mob terrorists were antifa undercover?

Jesus. Shake the tree some more. :smoker:

And this from the NR:

Having watched Congress abdicate its responsibilities for so long, it was welcome to see Senator McConnell taking his elevated role as seriously as he did — and even more important to see him admonishing others in his party for playing so casually with fire. Referring openly to the machinations of Senators Cruz, Hawley, and co., McConnell counseled against the depravity of pretending that a vote against the election results was “a harmless protest gesture while relying on others to do the right thing.”

I’ll disagree with Mitch on this one. I think the electoral challenge was the result of waaaaay too much politics and far too little policy. Decades of it.

Interesting analysis