Make the world a kinder place

Has anyone out there done anything kind to anyone today?

If so, please submit. Let’s start a kindness contest to bring a few more rays of sunshine to a world full of clouds.

I gave blueface a positive rating because children need encouragement. :laughing:

During lunch today, the sidewalk was really crowded, it was hot, it was humid and there were the usual gang of people walking all over hell. Can no one walk a straight line here?

Anyway, I was getting a bit pushy myself when I was about to enter a store and I thought no, this time, I am not going to wait for all 50 people to come out first, I am going to push my way in. Well I stopped myself and held the door open and this women said thank you to me in English. I think we both are having a better day because of it. I think little positive acts of kindness can make all the difference sometimes. It tends to feed on itself.

Oh god, it’s Kevin Spacey reincarnated as our very own Fred Smith. How privileged we are. Pay it forward, everyone!

Alley Cat:

We are trying to spread kindness by encouraging people to do acts of kindness. This kind of sarcasm is not conducive to making the world a better place. Please try to get into the spirit of the thread. You can be a better person if you really, really try.

:slight_smile:

I’ll try; I promise.

Let’s see. The last time I saw a really stupid post I didn’t post anything stupid in return.

Oh, wait, I did. Forget about it then.

BTW, nice post Alleycat - enjoy the ratings

Yes, that kevin kid really made me muse… and have been trying to put his idea in my life eversince…do good to strangers…offer kindness…give without expecting anything in return…

ax

Pass the airsick bag please.

Hey, come on. What is wrong with just trying to show a little positive good will once in a while? Why this need to be so touch and cynical all the time. I just do not understand where this kind of negativity comes from. If you focus on the positive, life can be so beautiful and people can be so happy. Why not give it a try? It could change your WHOLE life!

Me, tough and cynical? I doubt that.

:wink:

Alley Cat:

I read all the terrible nasty things you write about George W. Bush and the American government in that other thread so I know you must be feeling bad about yourself and that’s what makes you want to be mean to others. But recognizing that is the first step to becoming a nicer you.

he’s all meek and humble…nobody doubt that :slight_smile:

ax

[quote=“fred smith”]Alley Cat:

I read all the terrible nasty things you write about George W. Bush and the American government in that other thread so I know you must be feeling bad about yourself and that’s what makes you want to be mean to others. But recognizing that is the first step to becoming a nicer you.[/quote]

booohooo,

you’re so right (sob), i’ve been a bad cat for too long; i’m (sniff) so sorry for all my lamentable behaviour. will you ever forgive me.

i am a (wail) bad cat

Dear Alley Cat:

WE have consented to forgive you but penance is involved.

Every day you must write one good thing about American Foreign Policy in the appropriate thread. You must say one nice thing about each of the following:

George W.
American corporations
US efforts in Iraq

AND

BLUEFACE!

Then and only then will WE let you off the hook.

OK,

I’d give Laura, George’s wife, a good rogering if it weren’t for her saggy ass.

KFC tastes great but by god is it yucky. Oh, and I can’t do with out my lights.

US in iraq, god this is a difficult one. Oh yes, if I ever go there, I’ll probably be able to buy a bucket of original.

Blueface, he’s great I admire his sticktoitness. But he didn’t take up my offer of a drink at the last gathering.

So who says I don’t have anything nice to say or that i don’t do nice things?

I am donating some guanxi to the Alleycat because;

1.) It would be a nice thing to do.

2.) I really enjoy his family photos. :smiley:

[quote=“Durins Bane”]I am donating some guanxi to the Alleycat because;

1.) It would be a nice thing to do.

2.) I really enjoy his family photos. :smiley:[/quote]

I’m more than a little lost with this one. Do explain.

Alley Cat:

I don’t know but somehow your answers do not sound very sincere. I don’t know why, but it does not seem that your heart is really into becoming a better person. In fact, some of the nice things that you had to say about America could actually sound like insults if you looked at it the wrong way, which I would never do because I like to focus on the positive. All I’m saying is that someone could… :smiling_imp:

I was under the impression that just being Wolf Reinhold was a good deed in itself. :wink: