Making Canadians

THANK YOU to the human being who is responsible for this!!!
Was at the Canadian Trade Office a couple of weeks ago applying for the Canadian citizenship certificate for the wee one and was given some advice regarding the guarantor section of the child’s passport application.
The woman in the office said the Taiwanese parent can be the applicant and Canadian parent be the guarantor (assuming you have known each other more than 2 years and both of your passports are valid).
I KNOW, RIGHT??!!
The Canadian parent needs to:

1. Fill in the OTHER PARENT portion on the application
  2. Fill in the GUARANTOR section on the application, but where it says OCCUPATION you write your passport number and where it says NAME OF FIRM/ORGANIZATION you write your date of birth
  3. Write I CERTIFY THIS TO BE A TRUE LIKENESS OF (baby’s name) on the back of the photo and sign it
    Good news, eh??

In my excitement, I didn’t realize that this is also the case for the ADULT application. There are now 2 options for the guarantor.

1. A Canadian passport holder, 18 years or older with a valid passport who has known you personally for 2 years. It can be someone living in your house or a family member. It can also be someone residing in a different country from you.
  2. The usual judge or dean, etc.

I’ve read that the child must be present at the trade office for a passport application, but what if we are only applying for the Canadian Citizenship Certificate? Does the child still need to be there or is that something I can do by myself?