Making friends in Hsinchu

Anyone here live in Hsinchu and down to hang out sometime?
I feel like it’s a lot easier to meet English speakers in Taipei.
The social scene in Hsinchu seems a bit dead :T

Hi there, I work in Hsinchu as well and yeah it is not very happening…

Hi, I just recently got to Hsinchu and I know how you feel. The social scene is really nonexistent.
Might be willing to hang out sometime :slight_smile:

Hey you two, my heat is bleeding not seeing you two get together. The one with less posts buys the other one a beer. Any questions left?

I’m going to be moving to Hsinchu :slight_smile:

Gotta go in tomorrow and sign my contract at the school and all is set for a start next week. Reading this thread doesn’t give me much hope for evenings of fun and excitement though :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve been here in Hsinchu for almost 30 years but rarely see foreigners compared to Taipei. So most of the your purpose to be in Hsinchu is to teach at schools? I’m curious why you guys just don’t stay in Taipei like the others. No job vacancy there any more? Just want to move to a rural place? Or it’s fate because of job opportunity provided here. BTW. Have fun in Hsinchu.

For me?

A school in Hsinchu offered a good opportunity so… unless I hear negative about the school before tomorrow. I am taking it. I did have a job offer from a school in Taipei but it was just for 8 hours whereas this one is 20 hours. Although I’d prefer to live in Taipei, the working hours and extra cash the working hours bring takes precedent.

Hey Hsinchu peeps,

Let’s hang out sometime? I used to work in Taipei and becuz of family reasons I’m back here… not sure where to go tho, any suggestion? Anyone up for it?

I’m up for it since otherwise I will know nobody in Hsinchu beyond others at the school :stuck_out_tongue:

But don’t know where there is to go in Hsicnhu since I don’t know what is there. Bowling maybe? Assuming there is a bowling alley :slight_smile:

[quote=“The_Ghost”]I’m up for it since otherwise I will know nobody in Hsinchu beyond others at the school :stuck_out_tongue:

But don’t know where there is to go in Hsicnhu since I don’t know what is there. Bowling maybe? Assuming there is a bowling alley :slight_smile:[/quote]

There were at most three or five bowling alleys around ten years ago. Roughly, four or five years ago, the last one was closed. Fewer and fewer people play bowling in Taiwan. After the Big City opened, it might be the only bowling alley in Hsinchu city currently, whereas the price is much more expensive than that it was due to it’s monopolization. But I have to admit that, the rent price and business cost should be pricey in the Big City.

[quote=“The_Ghost”]I’m up for it since otherwise I will know nobody in Hsinchu beyond others at the school :stuck_out_tongue:

But don’t know where there is to go in Hsicnhu since I don’t know what is there. Bowling maybe? Assuming there is a bowling alley :slight_smile:[/quote]

What school are you going to and what are you studying?

Hi, I’m in hsinchu. would love to know if you guys have some activity out there. maybe I could hang out sometimes with you.

Doremi,
I sent you a PM. Let me know if you’re available.

There’s usually plenty of westerners at Red bar / any of the other bars next to red bar… :slight_smile:

Plenty of bars and things to do here… but yeah, of course it isn’t going to be as metropolitan as Taipei… :slight_smile: