Making Salads at Home

This is good advice. I basically do the same though toss in something else - generally beans or eggs or something easy of that sort when I want to eat it.

I used to simply blend everything - literally would toss in ingredients for a salad then drink it and, if you aren’t particular, that’s a fairly easy way to do things of this sort.

1 Like

Do you happen to juice things as well? If its too thick in a blender i tend to gag a bit. But juice goes down easy and i chew on some raw veg for fibre. i got a juicer years ago but it was acheap plastic hunk of crap and the gears for the auger just stripped the first time i tried doing one of those mutant chernobyl sized carrots. Was thinking of getting another one if anyone knows a decent brand

Some of their salads are worse than a Big Mac. People should just be aware. Too often they want a hamburger and decide to eat a salad instead for their health, and end up with something that doesn’t satisfy them and is actually less healthy than what they really wanted.

That article also points out its the dressing. I dont think the salad could possibly come close. I have had it a few times and gave the meat to my wife. Or rather, she gave the veggies to me me haha. its a pretty plain salad. I just give the dressing packs back or leave them at the register cause i dislike eating a bunch of sauces and that kind of thing. The salad seemed pretty tame and boring to be honest. Even with the chicken that is likely same as the burger chicken for nutrition, surely it cant be more than a double hamburger.

Im still honestly confused why their marketing department doesnt have a third salad with no meat. Its an island of vegetarians, it would sell well! Seems most fast food places are dropping to ball on that market segment.

1 Like

A couple of tips for easier salad making:

1. Make salads with fewer ingredients. For example,

3-Ingredient Mediterranean Salad

11 (3-Ingredient) Tomato Salads

1. Make larger salads (preferably without lettuce that wilts) and store in small containers in the refrigerator.

I have before but I don’t. Really, aside the variety of other kitchen appliances, I probably can’t currently justify it; besides I really am not that into juices though if you find something good for vegetable juicing, I would consider buying.

I don’t really blend that much anymore but have gone through several blend-heavy periods in my life and have probably tried to blend everything that you could possibly consider blending (and a lot of things that you’ve never thought of). I don’t mind eating socially but, besides that, I’m purely for function and if I cook for myself, simply toss everything into a bowl anyway - typing this, I probably will really clean out my blender in a bit and then head through the fridge.

I do fruit smoothies for breakfast with almond milk and plant based protein powder. So far seems to work for me. I would love to turn my roof into a full on vege garden with a few trees but some of the people in my building think it will make the building too heavy.

2 Likes

Those are made for people who like a little green in their corn.

Wonder why I have a sudden craving for some Whoppers…

2 Likes

Drink Coke and eat popcorn.

If a veggie garden is going to be the end of your buildings strength, might i suggest moving before the next typhoon or earthquake…

Putting a liner down and rolling up the edges onto something is light weight, very easy to take out and gives you a massive area very cheaply.

Trees can be iffy as their roots can very easily grow into the concrete and cause structural issues. But unless youre growing monsters for decades, not too heavy

2 Likes

I did landscaping and landscape design for years before I went to uni so I understand what’s possible. The building would have no problem accommodating something like a well planned garden and some living walls. The problem is more the mindset of the other owners not being able to understand how something like that is possible.

1 Like

Well thats just perfect then. Maybe discuss with them that if their logic of concrete highrises breaking under the weight of a few hundred kg weight on the roof, then they need to sue the developer and contact the government for inspections. No building is allowed to be built THTA weak. Its kinda like an ultimatum, but worded as a no duh. Haha. This will inevitably force them to come.up with another excuse to tell you no.

Over time, going in circles, they will run out of excuses and choose just to flat out tell you no because they dont like it. And future discussions are almsot certainly to be more direct with the bullshitery that is all too common in a face nation.

Anywhere i choose to live long term i opt to get this stupidity out of the way sooner than later and let comfort and friendly, meaningful conversation follow suit. Its not even abot the garden at that point, more just about stop beating around the bush. Afterwards, through more mature conversation, the garden can be brought up again and probably actually be fruitful with some motivation rather than just being ostracized.

1 Like

Considering some of the shit I get blamed for in this building that I never did I think it’s easier to just ignore them. They never come up on the roof anyway.