Males preferring male company

I think the modern expectation of spending a lot of time with and talking to your wife/girlfriend is a little artificial. Men have more stuff to talk about with men, and Forumosa is good proof of that. Males preferring male company (in a non-gay way) is perfectly natural.

Thankfully, New Zealand has a good culture of mateship although it is changing a bit. While it’s good to spend some time with women, I also think it’s vital that a bloke has a lot of time alone and also time with his mates. Men who spend all their free time with their wives/girlfriends are sorry-looking creatures; you sometimes see the poor buggers five paces behind their woman holding shopping bags and a small dog.

Many

[quote=“almas john”]Many

I know this old guy back home… he was a hobo during the depression, but now is a retired bricklayer and stone-cutter. He’s done a lot of work with my father, and we used to go fishing with him up in Canada, north of Sudbury… anyway, he doesn’t talk much, and when he does he usually mumbles and grumbles.

But, one time he did clearly state that the secret to his successful marriage is… whiskey and fishing.

My wife is a wonderful woman. She not only has no problem with me going out with the guys… she encourages it.

I hate shopping.

Oh, shopping. Shopping. Definitely.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

[quote=“almas john”]Many

Having good male friends is essential - absolutely what I miss most about home. My best buddy was my next door neighbour, we pretty much grew up together. It was cool just hagning out, getting drunk in the park, causing shit around the neighborhood, messing around with pellet guns and firecrackers and shit in the bush, talking about music, moshing in the living room when the parents weren’t around, checking out girls in shopping malls, strategising for our next paintball game, playing street soccer with all the nieghbourhood kids etc…

All my mates here wanna do is go out and get slammed at pubs every weekend… :s Loses its appeal pretty quickly. Oh well, at least I have a cool girlfriend to hang out with. Unfortunately, not having too many mates gives me very few excuses to get out of shopping… :frowning:

[quote=“Indiana”][quote=“almas john”]Many

I dunno 'bout that, I had plenty of mates back in New Zealand, but I always preferred women’s company anyhow. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that I really really hate drinking large amounts of beer, and that I get bored shitless with hunting and fishing and with watching sports of almost any kind.
The mates company was somewhat more ‘event/activity oriented’ while with women around around it was more likely to simply be enjoying each others company.

As far as ‘emotional needs’ (as a NZ male am I allowed to admit to them? :- ) ) those have always been better met by my women friends. Although having said that I was always fortunate in having at least one male friend that I felt I could confide anything to. The mates ‘group mind’ as it were, shied away from that kinda thing. There is something to be said though for sometimes just quietly getting on and doing something in an atmosphere of companionable silence, or the flip side of that, when you and your mates are just having one long long bullshitting session :slight_smile:

I agree with you there. I’m fortunate that none of my woman friends have ever forced me to go shopping with them. :slight_smile: I think your example above is more a matter of the guy not being allowed or being too chickenshit to take time for himself. There is no shortage of stroppy women out there you know…

I think the answer to those kinda guys problems is not necessarily more male company per se, but rather not being henpecked :slight_smile: And as for carrying the small dog? That is simply time to top yourself :slight_smile:

[quote]Many

But eeeensignnnn, you promised you’d go to Sogo with me! You were going to help me pick out a nice little Louis Vuitton bag and a pair of Pradas for the summer.

I suppose if a woman enjoys things like sports (gimme hockey yeah yeah yeah!!!) or fishing (although I’ve been doing it since I was 8 years old and I’ve yet to catch one) that means she’s out of leagues for dating because that’s not what women are for?

I promised to go to Sogo??? Darn.
Now you see why I hate drinking large amounts of beer, cos I sure don’t remember promising that :wink:

As for the sports etc, you’re asking ME that? It IS rather unlikely that I would suddenly begin to enjoy sports or fishing simply because because my SO did.
However I never said that means THEY can’t like sports or fishing or whatever…

As for this line
“that means she’s out of leagues for dating because that’s not what women are for?”

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

I know that, during most of the Forumosa camping vacation over CNY, the men would often gather at one end of the camp and the women congregate in another place.

You just know the wrong women. Most of my pals are guys. And they don’t seem to lack things to talk about with me. And I bet I can outtalk you on some things you would consider “male” subjects. Like maybe the wiring components in a sound board or which amplifier has a sufficient heatsink design and which one doesn’t.
Funny, most of the guys I hang out with don’t have your shoddy “women all like to shop and have yap yap dogs” attitude. And their girlfriend’s aren’t usually bimbos either.

[quote=“almas john”]I think the modern expectation of spending a lot of time with and talking to your wife/girlfriend is a little artificial. Men have more stuff to talk about with men, and Forumosa is good proof of that. Males preferring male company (in a non-gay way) is perfectly natural.

Thankfully, New Zealand has a good culture of mateship although it is changing a bit. While it’s good to spend some time with women, I also think it’s vital that a bloke has a lot of time alone and also time with his mates. Men who spend all their free time with their wives/girlfriends are sorry-looking creatures; you sometimes see the poor buggers five paces behind their woman holding shopping bags and a small dog.

Many

It seems the marrried women, especially with kids want to confirm and update their status with friends in the same situation, and men want to do the same…

Do not downgrade the *housewife only" or the “boys’ night” - not that any important information is revealed, it is just more real when given in the right context.

Girls party - that’s were they talk sex, dicks CvsW, orgasms, husbands/boyfriends etc
Boys night - Sports, alcohol (wine, beer, Whiskey, Congaq), business, sports, politics

[quote=“X3M”]It seems the marrried women, especially with kids want to confirm and update their status with friends in the same situation, and men want to do the same…

Do not downgrade the *housewife only" or the “boys’ night” - not that any important information is revealed, it is just more real when given in the right context.

Girls party - that’s were they talk sex, dicks CvsW, orgasms, husbands/boyfriends etc
Boys night - Sports, alcohol (wine, beer, Whiskey, Congaq), business, sports, politics[/quote]

You haven’t been to any of MY Girls’ Parties, I guess. :smiling_imp:
But you’re joking about the topics at the various boys/girls night out, right?

Bodo

[quote=“Bodo”][quote=“X3M”]It seems the marrried women, especially with kids want to confirm and update their status with friends in the same situation, and men want to do the same…

Boys night - Sports, alcohol (wine, beer, Whiskey, Congaq), business, sports, politics[/quote]

Bodo[/quote]

I know what we boys talk about, and what the girls excpect to talk about is what I wrote - if I can believe my wife, and I do.

[quote=“X3M”][quote=“Bodo”][quote=“X3M”]It seems the marrried women, especially with kids want to confirm and update their status with friends in the same situation, and men want to do the same…

Bodo[/quote]

I know what we boys talk about, and what the girls excpect to talk about is what I wrote - if I can believe my wife, and I do.[/quote]

Well, praps for your wife it IS all about the boyz - Bully for you.
As for the rest of us . . . well . . . there are other things in this world other than DICKS :unamused: Hope that isn’t too shocking fer ya.

Bodo

[quote=“Bodo”][quote=“X3M”][quote=“Bodo”][quote=“X3M”]It seems the marrried women, especially with kids want to confirm and update their status with friends in the same situation, and men want to do the same…

Bodo[/quote]

I know what we boys talk about, and what the girls excpect to talk about is what I wrote - if I can believe my wife, and I do.[/quote]

Well, praps for your wife it IS all about the boyz - Bully for you.
As for the rest of us . . . well . . . there are other things in this world other than DICKS :unamused: Hope that isn’t too shocking fer ya.

Bodo[/quote]

Sure, I love it when these 40s can get through a couple of difficult births, naughty kids, ignorant husbands, difficult jobs, and then get down tp business - I am happily married to one of those.
After the basic bullshit, they move into the topics above (DNS).

IIII Aiouh, I have a very cute chipao, I think all of us should have chipao…need to go to bleach face, darken hair,…

Lukcily, my wife stopped them and made clear that girls in the 40-50s should be what they are, not servants or fashion models, but sporty, happy women.

They are going out in the next couple of months, so look up for some revigeroated(sp.?) mothers coming out there.
And yes, they have been through the sweet talk before, they own 1/4 of everything you see, but they never been to a pub before.

Damned this almost seem like a Carnegies Sunday project - sorry Captain, they are not so much into sports.

Damn, I don’t even remember who or what I am arguing. I just want “our/my” wife to see pub/bar life from another than the customers’ view.

I want them to play the field.

Bodo,
How many wives of so-so succesful men du you know?
What do you know about their chatting after the “I am perfect barrier is broken”?
Neither of these women claim they can swim, but all their husbands do…!!!

Indiana wrote

[quote]Solution: marry a woman who enjoys what you enjoy! It’s that simple![/quote] Actually, I don

Oh, you’re a grumpy old bastard, sure enough. And Thank Christ for that!
I actually don’t mind spending free time with my woman. My woman. I like the sound of that. My WOman. WOMAN. WOMAN!
As long as it’s for something we both like or need to do (shopping doesn’t make the cut and in any case, the feeling’s mutual. She’d sooner have root canal without novocaine than have me trailing along behind her round the shops, I’m sure).
It’s the same for her too with my manly pursuits. Its all about give and take.

I also really enjoy the company of other women, too. They’re really a great deal of fun, once you get over their odd lumps and bumps. :wink: