Man eats 47 grilled cheese sandwiches in 10 minutes

[quote]LAS VEGAS - There’s a rising star on the competitive eating circuit. California man Joey Chestnut downed 47 grilled cheese sandwiches in ten minutes this weekend in Las Vegas to set a world record. That’s eleven more sandwiches than the old record of 36.
ADVERTISEMENT

Last month, Chestnut ate 50 hot dogs. Some say he’s a threat to the reigning champ of food stuffing, Japan’s Takeru Kobayashi.

Chestnut won the grilled cheese contest sponsored by the International Federation of Competitive Eating, the same group that runs the annual Fourth of July hot dog eating contest at New York’s Coney Island.[/quote]

WTF is wrong with people??
A competitive eating competition???

Followed in the morning by the 2 hour bowel movement.

I once ate a plateful of Jalepenos (the whole vegetable as you buy in the market-- not diced at all) in 5 minutes with no water. I was drunk on cheap tequila in Cabo San Lucas on the Baja strip and the dare involved an adequate amount of money (300US). The “burning hoop” the following day was painful!!!

On that same trip, I dared an Irish-Canadian friend of mine to put some metallic money inside of a stripper at Sammy Hagar’s club in Cabo. I didn’t think he would follow through on it. :unamused: The girl was cool about it, until she found out it wasn’t American money and it was only one dollar. Those cheap Canadian snowbirds. :smiling_imp:

Mmm…grilled cheese sandwiches…

Competitive eating contests are nothing new. However in the current climate of western food habits, and in particular American where these contests are taking place, I think it’s a bit ironic that the ones who win them are usually the skinny guys.

A lot of eating competitions take place in Japan, and a lot of international champions are Japanese. Seems the US and Japan dominate in this…uh…“sport”.

I’ve seen the skinny japanese guy eat something like 50 hot dogs. he must puke them up later.

And really what’s the pucking foint of all this?

It’s kind of dangerous I would think.

I’m just too serious a person when it comes to this. It ticks me off that in America people with such abunance would stand around to watch this while some poor kid in their city thinks that ketchup is pasta sauce. :noway:

I don’t know about this: it sounds like if someone’s not having fun, no one can.

I don’t know about this: it sounds like if someone’s not having fun, no one can.[/quote]

Hence I why I said I was just too serious a person :laughing:

I don’t know about this: it sounds like if someone’s not having fun, no one can.[/quote]

Hence I why I said I was just too serious a person :laughing:[/quote]

Gotcha. :wink:

And where are YOU from, my dear? Ethiopia? I bet your kitchen is stocked with something besides rice and water, and you could have afforded to give money to the cripple in the MRT station today but chose not to. Why are you in Taiwan, and not in some third world country doing volunteer work for free? Shouldn’t you be doing volunteer work with orphan children in West Africa if you feel the way you do?

And where are YOU from, my dear? Ethiopia? I bet your kitchen is stocked with something besides rice and water, and you could have afforded to give money to the cripple in the MRT station today but chose not to. Why are you in Taiwan, and not in some third world country doing volunteer work for free? Shouldn’t you be doing volunteer work with orphan children in West Africa if you feel the way you do?[/quote]

Easy killer.

Rough day at the office?

:rainbow:

And where are YOU from, my dear? Ethiopia? I bet your kitchen is stocked with something besides rice and water, and you could have afforded to give money to the cripple in the MRT station today but chose not to. Why are you in Taiwan, and not in some third world country doing volunteer work for free? Shouldn’t you be doing volunteer work with orphan children in West Africa if you feel the way you do?[/quote]

Easy killer.

Rough day at the office?

:rainbow:[/quote]

Wonderful day sipping gravy from the Taiwan gravy train. Care for a meat bun? I can spare it, it only cost me 2% percent of my hourly wage. :yay:

Now, it would totally be cool to see an event where say, for every hot dog consumed the sponsoring company would send 100 or 1000 of the product to a place in need.

I’d stuff myself if I knew it could help.

Otherwise, I just eat as directed by Secretary of Consumption, S. Tom Ach.

[quote=“jdsmith”]I’ve seen the skinny Japanese guy eat something like 50 hot dogs. he must puke them up later.

And really what’s the pucking foint of all this?

It’s kind of dangerous I would think.[/quote]

Oh, don’t be such a wuss. Surely you are impressed by the excitement, the drama, the sheer athleticism. Here’s your little hotdog guy besting a couple of big boys. Tell me that’s not a beautiful sight.

It’s refreshing and heartening to see that some people are still selflessly pushing back the boundaries of human achievement. We need news like this during these troubled times of war and increasing insecurity. A great step forward for mankind. Well done that man.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]

quote]

Damn, look at those rich white Republican WASPs go! No doubt they got used to eating so much from attending pro-Bush rallies at the local country club.

[quote=“trebuchet”][quote=“Mother Theresa”]

quote]

Damn, look at those rich white Republican WASPs go! No doubt they got used to eating so much from attending pro-Bush rallies at the local country club.[/quote][/quote]

What are you talking about??

Try eating Kleenex!

rutless.com/2006/04/4292006- … eenex.html

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“trebuchet”][quote=“Mother Theresa”]

quote]

Damn, look at those rich white Republican WASPs go! No doubt they got used to eating so much from attending pro-Bush rallies at the local country club.[/quote]

What are you talking about??[/quote][/quote]

Those darned capitalists stuffing their faces with hotdogs for their bourgeoisie amusement while so many others go hungry.

[quote=“trebuchet”][quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“trebuchet”][quote=“Mother Theresa”]

quote]

Damn, look at those rich white Republican WASPs go! No doubt they got used to eating so much from attending pro-Bush rallies at the local country club.[/quote]

What are you talking about??[/quote]

Those darned capitalists stuffing their faces with hotdogs for their bourgeoisie amusement while so many others go hungry.[/quote][/quote]

Well, I wonder if the poor watch Fear Factor and see people eating bugs and say, “HA that’s NOTHING!”