Man I miss LiVing in TaiwAn

There are a lot of things I like about Taiwan. For example not freezing my tits off for almost 3/4 of the year, being able to eat out every day, being able to oggle cute chicks, being able to travel and hike easily etc

2 Likes

So? Then come back once this pandemic is over. It’s not like you got barred from entry (you didn’t… did you?).

4 Likes

I rather freeze my tits off than burn in this hot weather…

But Taiwan is COVID free for some weird reason.

1 Like

The virus was cooked in this demented heat.

4 Likes

i just went back home. i don’t see the big deal, i might come back for longer every year, its nice to have a break from the constant sweating and noise to be honest.

Texas is a very hot place, and COVID is really bad there. Same with Florida and stuff. The heat isn’t doing much to the virus for sure.

Taiwan remained COVID free because at least the government is competent.

2 Likes

One thing Taiwan does better, if you got it, your put in sealed medical centre room. In the states you go home in most cases. (its too late in the states with so many cases to seal people off)

2 Likes

this had little to do with coronavirus. Ever since SARS if you came in with any contagious disease (like yellow fever or malaria) they isolate you immediately. Taiwan with such a high population density needs a very robust infection control system. You would think it’s easier in the states since everyone’s isolated in their big house and car…

4 Likes

I once almost got detained for having a high body temperature cause I was holdin in a massive deuce that I couldn’t let go while on the plane from HK. The entire two hour flight, not once did they turn off the seatbelt sign.

2 Likes

I heard Darwin or Brisbane are hot.

How awesome it would be to be detained on grounds of infectious disease risk for just needing to poop.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. I was sweating when I got off the plane. Dumped the deuce and walked towards immigration. They had the camera out cause it was the Swine Flu epidemic during those times and they pulled me over and I had to explain why I am oh so hot and sweaty.

That was the very first experience I had in Taiwan.

2 Likes

Amazing. Did they keep a straight face?

2 Likes

At most, slightly amused.

1 Like