Man moving in with two girls - pro or con?

What do you think? A warm and homy feeling or walking onto the lionesses denn?

Been there, done that, and it had its good and bad points. Overall, though, it was a very pleasant experience. Depends on the man and the women, though, of course.

Coming from a woman…They’ll either team up and be “against” you…(let’s surprice Johnny toningt with toothpaste on his face while his sleeping…he he.) Or, they’ll compete with each other for your attention (and the atmosphere might get a little tense.)

Na, I’m just trying to scare you…Does it work? :slight_smile:

sorry,double post

Currently I share with a man and a woman and everything is great, before that I shared a place with 2 other men which was also great. What do you think about a western man moving in with 2 Taiwanese females?
Sherryx - your post is exactely what Im worried about

[quote=“izzy”]Currently I share with a man and a woman and everything is great, before that I shared a place with 2 other men which was also great. What do you think about a western man moving in with 2 Taiwanese females?
Sherryx - your post is exactely what Im worried about[/quote]
No reason for the girls to gang up on you unless you’re a selfish, pig/slob who doesn’t pay the rent on time and expects everyone to clean up after you.
The two girls compete for your attention :laughing: Sherryx is just taking the piss . . . and surely your ego is not THAT huge that you’re actually worried about this??? And, since when does a guy have a problem with 2 chicks fighting for his attention, unless they’re horse-face ugly?
My last roomie was a female . . . awesome . . . very clean, very quiet, paid rent on time. It’s a crap shoot, however, and depends upon the individuals involved in the new roommate situation.

Bodo

I can’t live with chicks. I don’t know how people do it. Girls are crazy. Current roomy is a chick, took me a year to get used to her. I love her now, but at first thought we would kill each other.

i agree completely with those who stated it depends on the individuals.

it sounds like you are expecting something to happen based on gender differences.

people can be adults and live civilly, or they can be petty and tweek out on you for anything, whether they be male or female, and whether you are male or female.

i bought a house 6 years ago. i had 2 bedrooms upstairs so thought of renting them out to help with the mortgage. the first friends i told about this were 2 females. they moved in and things were peachy. they each had a dog; our dogs got along fine.

i was the one with the problem. be it known that if you rent out your house you also rent out your spoons & forks, your pots & pans, your bath towels, they throw their backpacks on your antique table, they throw their keys on your antique wooden hutch. some people use your pans, then leave them dirty in the sink. i was the one with the analness, not them. i agreed to let them move in. i bit my tongue and chalked it up to the extra several hundred us i was taking in. also, i like my private space, yet i still invited people to rent from me, and i paid the price of not having my space when i needed it.

mind you, this would have been the case if they were female or male.

give it a chance. if you are all renters its one thing. but this was my first home purchase and it started out feeling like a shared apartment because of my choice. i could still use the income assistance, but i refuse to get another roommate. i need my space, i need my clean sink, i need my towels after a shower, and i get sick of phish sometimes.

some males are clean freaks, some are sloppy. some females are sloppy, some are clean freaks. some males take care of bills and some females slack. some females take care of bills, and some males slack.

it’s all good, we are all different. look at the people more so than their gender to consider living with them. your living space should be enjoyable and peaceful and fun. this can happen no matter who you live with, or if you live alone.

best,

jm

3’s Company was TV show. That’s all it was - a TV show (pne made over 30 - yes, 30! years ago). In real life, in the West - by which I mean at least North America - such situations are common these days. Yes, people are (shock!) able to control themselves. Just because I move in with a girl or two doesn’t mean I’m going to jump them. First of all, I’m not that desperate. Second of all, just because I think a girl is hot, doesn’t mean that I’m going to necessarily sleep with her…there are 100 reasons not to sleep with a girl, and only 1 reason to sleep with a girl. Which is why I make it a policy of mine not to sleep with girls that I work with (despite the opportunities). Doubly, triply so if you actually have to live with the girls…what are you going to do when you break up? Move to an apartment 10 miles on the other side of town?

It’s a crapshoot.

When I moved to Taipei I lived with 2 girls I had gone to college back in the US. One I was good friends with for 10 years the other I just kind of knew. By the time we all moved out me and the old friend were no longer on speaking terms, she sold furnuiter all 3 of us had bought together and pocketed the money while the girl I barely knew is great friends not just with me but also with my sister and mom. Overall I’ll avoid living with girls in the future.

Oh and the big question do you have your own bathroom or are you sharing a bathroom with these 2 girls ?

I’ve had good experiences and bad experiences living with roommates/housemates of the same sex and opposite sex. It all depends on personality. Differences in expectations for orderliness or cleanliness can be a killer. So can differences in expectations for communication.

One time my girlfriend-at-the-time and I shared an apartment with one of her best friends, and it was wonderful at first, but after six months some molehills had turned into mountains and you could cut the tension with a knife. The problem was differences in analness and communication styles. For example, the friend absolutely hated it when we would communicate by leaving notes for the others to read. My gf hated it when I would flop onto the couch after returning home exhausted from work. The friend didn’t like to share her silverware. And so on. None of us are friends now.

Another time I lived in a house with three women, and we all got along great. We were all very laid back about things: a little messiness here or there, no problem! Dishes left soaking until we had free time to take care of them, no problem!

Another time I lived with a Japanese girl who was so anal she had two separate pairs of slippers for each half of the living room! Though we were splitting the rent half and half, I felt like my only space was my room; the living room, kitchen and bathroom were hers. And she also thoguht that we should spend long periods communicating each day, even though my hectic work schedule didn’t allow it. At the end of one month I moved out.

For the brief periods I’ve actually shared with someone, the best experiences have been sharing with girls. My first time in Taiwan was spent living with a journalist in her early 30s and it worked out great - we had a mutual interest in keeping the place clean, she was a fun person to live with and we both had a lot of stories to share.

The last time I shared in Taiwan was not so great - it was a guy who I think had been living on his own just a little too long and got stuck in his ways. Fair enough, I think I’m getting like that too, but I would have been much happier if his obsessions actually went as far as keeping his apartment clean. He owned it outright and wasn’t poor so I couldn’t understand why he left paint peeling off the walls and two years worth of grime all over the kitchen, bathroom, cabling… eww.

I shared an apartment with two gay guys once in LA and while we all got on really well, we had… err… differing standards on cleanliness. I spent half my time cleaning the place, which I wouldn’t do again and certainly wouldn’t have done if I didn’t like the guys so much.

If I had to, I’d try to share with girls but after discovering the joys of single living I don’t think I could share with anyone now.

Don’t forget that freaky business where women living together often start to ovulate and menstruate at the same time. This means double the PMS whammy when it arrives, and potentially quadruples it if they start gettting all antsy around the full moon.

Women, they’re freaks, but just so damned lovely.

HG

I wish I could give you advice, or even just something antecdotal, regarding what a man moving in to a place with two women might expect.

Unfortunately, my personal experience is limited to two women, one Taiwanese and one German, moving into my place. :idunno: Sorry. Looks like you’re in unfamiliar territory.

OK, OK… I rather enjoyed the experience.

One, well two, words= Double PMSing :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

[quote=“mod lang”]3’s Company was TV show. That’s all it was - a TV show (pne made over 30 - yes, 30! years ago). In real life, in the West - by which I mean at least North America - such situations are common these days. Yes, people are (shock!) able to control themselves. Just because I move in with a girl or two doesn’t mean I’m going to jump them. First of all, I’m not that desperate. Second of all, just because I think a girl is hot, doesn’t mean that I’m going to necessarily sleep with her…there are 100 reasons not to sleep with a girl, and only 1 reason to sleep with a girl. Which is why I make it a policy of mine not to sleep with girls that I work with (despite the opportunities). Doubly, triply so if you actually have to live with the girls…what are you going to do when you break up? Move to an apartment 10 miles on the other side of town?[/quote]My sister married her lodger.

I can see why your former friends would have a problem with this, was there some pressing reason why you couldn’t verbally communicate with them?! Had the misfortune of having a Taiwanese female move into an apartment I shared with an australian bloke, complete nightmare that eventually resulted in all of us moving out. She would also leave notes dictating her ideas on what needed to be done in the apartment and what her latest ideas on conduct were.Periodically she would retire to her room in the evenings and send us emails which we would receive the following day at work :loco:

I thought you said you can’t live with chicks? :laughing:

Bodo

what’s with people having to leave notes for each other to read? That is just crazy.

Sometimes due to conflicting schedules, leaving a note makes sense. “I went to XXX, be back around 9. I paid the bill and picked up the XXX you wanted at the store.”