Man moving in with two girls - pro or con?

Sometimes due to conflicting schedules, leaving a note makes sense. “I went to XXX, be back around 9. I paid the bill and picked up the XXX you wanted at the store.”[/quote]

simple notes like that make sense, like leaving voicemail, but some of the posts sounded like the roommate chose to communicate only through notes posted on a wall ie when everyone is at home ie avoiding live communication.

Maybe it’s a Taiwanese thing, my Taiwanese roomate used to leave me and the other roomate multiple pages of notes rambling on about issues that she had and we could not guess at and asking us to leave the christmas decorations up because she was lonely (this is in May). I left her a note saying why couldn’t we talk about it and she left a note saying she was too emotional and could not handel a face to face conversation. :loco:

it’s certainly not a “taiwanese” thing.

i lived in a cabin on a lake in the middle of upper michigan with 2 other guys. we were working in the forest that summer. when my family came to visit for a weekend one guy (the other was cool) left a note asking us not to move his washcloth from its’ rack.

what, he couldn’t find us to ask us in person? we’re in the middle of nowhere. we live in a small cabin and work together every day.

we laughed about that guy all summer. oh, poor charlie, so sorry someone moved your washcloth.

give me a break you spineless, apple butter eating dweeb. oops. sorry charlie. i’m not sorry.

jm

[quote=“JOHN MOSS”]it’s certainly not a “Taiwanese” thing.

i lived in a cabin on a lake in the middle of upper michigan with 2 other guys. we were working in the forest that summer. when my family came to visit for a weekend one guy (the other was cool) left a note asking us not to move his washcloth from its’ rack.

what, he couldn’t find us to ask us in person? we’re in the middle of nowhere. we live in a small cabin and work together every day.

we laughed about that guy all summer. oh, poor charlie, so sorry someone moved your washcloth.

give me a break you spineless, apple butter eating dweeb. oops. sorry charlie. i’m not sorry.

jm[/quote]

Hey leave apple butter out of this! Apple butter is delish! :smiley:

Roommates…especially when you are used to living alone…just plane bite. I have plenty of rommate horror stories ranging from fires being set to exploding dishwashers and tapes off rooms. Bottom line is: if at all possible, know the people you are moving in with BEFORE you move in. Make rules clear upfront, be flexible and dont be an ass yoruself. Respect other people’s space and you will be fine. And if you are moving in with girls…dont parade around the apartment in your birthday suit…unless they are into that kind of thing. :wink:

Oh you should swap some with Imaniou. She has some tales for the wierdo files here. :laughing:

Sometimes due to conflicting schedules, leaving a note makes sense. “I went to XXX, be back around 9. I paid the bill and picked up the XXX you wanted at the store.”[/quote]

simple notes like that make sense, like leaving voicemail, but some of the posts sounded like the roommate chose to communicate only through notes posted on a wall ie when everyone is at home ie avoiding live communication.[/quote]

Oh no, it was nothing like that. It was only when we would not be in the house at the same time. And this was in the days before cell phones were accessible to the average Joe. There was no “avoidance of face to face communication”.

She just had this thing about notes.

I agree with this post!

The best share house I lived in lasted for about 3 years and included myself and two old school friends who I had known for over 10 years…

Going into a house with 2 unknown people would be a nightmare. I dont think I could do it unless I worked long hours and basically just used the room to sleep in…

I like vegging out on my days off and cooking big dinner party meals and leaving the dishes in the sink all weekend. Videogame cables, sketchbooks, half built models and car parts all over the place… Not good flatmate material :frowning:

I shared my apartment with 4 Taiwanese girls…never got to watch TV…ever. Would go to my friend’s home to watch English TV. It got to the point where I put a TV in my room so I could watch what I wanted to.

2 girls pmsing is nothing, try 4…

Good luck to you. You’ll need it.