Manspace (aka "The Shed")

Pardon, miss.
You aren’t permitted in here, I’ll have to ask you leave.[/quote]
CLOSE THE DAMN DOOR! SHE SEEN MY PECKER!

Poagao, Urodacus is a cyclist. Manscaping is what he calls shaving his legs.

It’ll really itch when it grows back.

He he. I didn’t respond yet, because I wanted to go home first and upload a photo, but I’ve got a dream Manspace. Nice large rooftop, perfect for bbq, gardening or just sitting and drinking/smoking/talking, along with a comfy rooftop addition. Our living quarters are completely downstairs, so this area is purely for escape and recreation. And, the wife wanted a brand new, giant sofa for our real living room, so the perfectly good, old stuff is upstairs waiting to seat a bunch of guys drinking beer and waiting for the meat on the grill, once the boxes are unpacked and the weather improves. In the meantime, I’ve enjoyed climbing up there in the morning, sitting on the couches and looking out the window at the treetops and the quiet neighborhood not yet awake. :slight_smile:

Pardon, miss.
You aren’t permitted in here, I’ll have to ask you leave.[/quote]
CLOSE THE DAMN DOOR! SHE SEEN MY PECKER!

Poagao, Urodacus is a cyclist. Manscaping is what he calls shaving his legs.[/quote]

Guys, we’re supposed to be talking about tools and stuff.

I grew up surrounded by tools (one grandfather was an auto mechanic who had his own garage, the other head gardener at a castle, and both were old school - the kind of people you could maroon on a lonely isle and have a civilisation up and running in a few months).

It’s a pity sheds are dying out. The shed is not just a place to escape from the women. It’s also a place of great creativity, an engine of industry where minds young and old develop engineering skills and test out ideas. I raise a toast to all the backyard inventors, people like kiwi mechanical engineer John Britten.
:beer:

[quote=“sandman”]
Poagao, Urodacus is a cyclist. Manscaping is what he calls shaving his legs.[/quote]

I’m not sure “cyclist” is the best word to describe someone who does that…

Manspace is faster than snailspace.

That’s what I was talking about.

Me too. One of the things that prompted me to move to Taiwan. TALK about out of the frying pan, into the fire!

OK, checklist:

Old licence plates nailed up on the wall?
Check
Out-of-date racy (but not nekkid) calendar from Auto Parts dealer (Snap-On doesn’t count, too self-referential)?
Check
Two-man bucksaw lying across the rafters?
Check

[quote=“the chief”]OK, checklist:

Check
Out-of-date racy (but not nekkid) calendar from Auto Parts dealer (Snap-On doesn’t count, too self-referential)?
Check
Check[/quote]

Nationality of Ivan Lendl
Czech

Crotcheting hooks?
Check!

Waiter?

Check
Check
Check[/quote]

Huh? Throw in a few waiters dressed in clownsuits and it sounds like TGIF.

He he. I didn’t respond yet, because I wanted to go home first and upload a photo, but I’ve got a dream Manspace. Nice large rooftop, perfect for bbq, gardening or just sitting and drinking/smoking/talking, along with a comfy rooftop addition. Our living quarters are completely downstairs, so this area is purely for escape and recreation. And, the wife wanted a brand new, giant sofa for our real living room, so the perfectly good, old stuff is upstairs waiting to seat a bunch of guys drinking beer and waiting for the meat on the grill, once the boxes are unpacked and the weather improves. In the meantime, I’ve enjoyed climbing up there in the morning, sitting on the couches and looking out the window at the treetops and the quiet neighborhood not yet awake. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Sounds good MT. We eagerly await the picture of your manspace.

Check
Check
Check[/quote]

Yep, used to use a two-man saw when pa and I went afetchin’ firewood.

Having some kind of badly stuffed ‘animal’ (preferably something you killed yourself is good) - I had a manky lizard skin - keeps the women away.

You forgot to mention farting. We like having special rooms for that as well. Giggity.

[quote=“the chief”]
Out-of-date racy (but not nekkid) calendar from Auto Parts dealer…
Check[/quote]

The judges would also accept out-of-date promotional beer posters and mason jars filled with nails.

Dead game?
Check

Dented petrol tank?
Check

Ancient wooden skis?
Check

and an old radio for “listenin’ t’ match” be it football, cricket or whatever.

Hehe, the humour in a bunch of middle aged, middle class office workers fetishising their fathers’ toolsheds cannot be lost to all of you?

Who let her in here? Can’t you read? NO GIRLS ALLOWED!

Cricket craclin’ over the ‘wireless’ on a lazy summer’s afternoon. Cold brew at hand, and putting down a new batch. Hadlee coming in to bowl. Sanding down a plank of kauri heartwood. All is good with the world.

In what kind of a twisted, sociopathic worldview does fond remembrance get mutated into “fetishising”?

I doubt very much that anyone posting on this topic would deny for a second that they (we)'d MUCH rather be there than here, there’s no irony or hidden displacement, we long for the comfort of a lifestyle/environmental ethic that, for one reason or another, we’re no longer able to access.
I believe that’s the point of the thread.
No call for arch amusement or sarcastic mis-characterisation here, sorry, move along.