Mao Zedong, a forever warm memory

Ah, Chairman Mao, the champion of human rights and civil order remembered by those conditioned to love him.

news.xinhuanet.com/english/2003- … 072232.htm

I wonder how fast those comments get edited.

Why should they be edited? They were published.

20 million, 30 million Chinese killed by Dear Comrade Mao and his Gang…one must break a few eggs to make an omlette, no?

His memory will always be cherished for his sartorial contributions!

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]20 million, 30 million Chinese killed by Dear Comrade Mao and his Gang…one must break a few eggs to make an omlette, no?

His memory will always be cherished for his sartorial contributions![/quote]

I thought the number was closer to 60 million?

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]20 million, 30 million Chinese killed by Dear Comrade Mao and his Gang…one must break a few eggs to make an omlette, no?

I thought the number was closer to 60 million?[/quote]
You must be thinking of that evil Jimmy Carter.

[quote=“Richardm”][quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]20 million, 30 million Chinese killed by Dear Comrade Mao and his Gang…one must break a few eggs to make an omlette, no?

I thought the number was closer to 60 million?[/quote]
You must be thinking of that evil Jimmy Carter.[/quote]

well, carter bored hundreds of millions.

even worse, made us all suffer…and repeatedly slap our foreheads at his failures

Oh wow. I thought that food was decreased when the CCP came into power. What kind of history are they teaching there?

They were posted, not published.

No, it was an edited news article collecting those comments. It wasn’t a BBS.

They were comments from newspapers like lhg654321, rongmj, reincarnate, and ywolfking. Those are funny names for news sources.

Long live Chairman Mao!

Actually, I wouldn’t be surprised at how wide-spread that feeling is.
If there were free elections in the PRC (a la Korea/Taiwan style gradual reforms), I’d bet the voting at least the first time would be for a CCP majority, with minor liberal party/parties in the coastal cities and a much larger anti-reform pro-Mao xenophobic movement in the countryside.