Mark Ramone is playing at The Wall on 8/31 - CANCELLED

Since I gotta take time off of work to go see my family on 9/1 I figure I might as well take 8/31 off as well and go see Mark Ramones at the Wall. Ticket isn’t too expensive if you buy it before the end of July, and supposedly this could be the last time they will play in Asia so you might want to take this seriously. I don’t know what he plays but it’s punk rock or something, so if there’s any moshing it would not be very violent, good for novice moshers…

Ticket is 800 until the end of july, 900 for the month of august and 1000 at the door.

http://www.the-wall.com.tw

Please don’t hesitate to PM me if you are going… thanks.

You don’t know what Marky Ramone plays?!
Yeah, you could say it’s punk rock or something.
Oof…Kids these days.

[quote=“Josefus”]You don’t know what Marky Ramone plays?!
Oof…Kids these days.[/quote]

So is he like real famous in the Punk Rock scene? more than say Avril Lavagne…?

[quote=“rahimiiii”][quote=“Josefus”]You don’t know what Marky Ramone plays?!
Oof…Kids these days.[/quote]

So is he like real famous in the Punk Rock scene? more than say Avril Lavagne…?[/quote]

That’s kind of like comparing the Beatles to…say…the Bay City Rollers.

I take it you’re going? could you PM me about a possible meetup place? I plan to crash in the area the whole night because leaving at 11:30 is NOT fun when the fun just started… If The Wall closes earlier than 1am (they don’t post the hours for The Wall for some reason…) I will just hike over to The Underworld and see what they got there…

You can’t miss me, I am the only guy in Taiwan that wears a tie dye shirt… and with a ponytail to go with it.

Sure we could meet up.
It’s a Friday night which is perfect for me.
He was touring around before doing spoken word stuff but now I think he’s just playing old school punk again.
It should be a pretty cool show to see I think.

What’s that band he was in?

You might get beaten up looking like that at a punk show!!

(kidding)

Avril Lavigne is punk?

Hahahahaha that’s a good one.

JDSmith: What’s that band he was in?

Mark Ramone was in the Marks. a great punk band from the East Coast scene. All members of the band were called Mark, even if that was not their real name. very confusing conversation-wise.

You might get beaten up looking like that at a punk show!!

(kidding)[/quote]

I wore that outfit to the ChitonC show (6/29 at the wall) which is full on death metal and no one beat me up. I got bruised in the arm from moshing though.

Just shows you that people here don’t know shit about fashion and music…

not that it’s important as an expat to import one’s prejudices from overseas.

[quote=“urodacus”]Just shows you that people here don’t know shit about fashion and music…

not that it’s important as an expat to import one’s prejudices from overseas.[/quote]

The 2 metal shows I been to everyone wore the proper outfit (black satanic looking T shirts) but I didn’t have anything like it so I just wore my usual tie dye outfit. Maybe it’s because people there are nice enough to not say or do anything about it?

[quote=“Josefus”]Sure we could meet up.
It’s a Friday night which is perfect for me.
He was touring around before doing spoken word stuff but now I think he’s just playing old school punk again.
It should be a pretty cool show to see I think.[/quote]

I sent you a PM… what time do you want to meet up?

correct. who cares what you wear as long as you like the music?

i did smile at a group of impeccably attired young punks I saw crossing the street in DunHua one evening. Absolutely beautiful black and white check pants, stove pipes, braces, tartan scarf, simply perfect razor cuts through the shirts, balck or green mohawks perfectly chiselled and sculpted. Faces with nary a blemish or spot, and absolutely reeking of wads of cash. I bet their girlfriends wore LV handbags and prada dresses and hermes scarves…

Fashion is not punk! Punk is not fashion! but they either were not able or chose not to hear me…

I guess it is bad for Taiwanese to respond to strangers… That’s why I always want to go to events with someone I at least know a little of because I think most Taiwanese would feel awkward if a stranger talked to them…

Dude! It’s still like 6 weeks away!
I have no idea when I’ll get there.
I’ll let you know later though.

wee!

I’ll let you know later though.[/quote]

Come on Josefus! Fuck’s sake! Always leaving things to the last minute!

I’ll let you know later though.[/quote]

Come on Josefus! Fuck’s sake! Always leaving things to the last minute![/quote]
Bollocks. He’s being prudent. What’s the point in getting something organized so soon? There could be a war or a plague or anything. Imagine how silly you’d look if you were living in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, gnawing on dead rats and eating grass and stuff, and you looked in your diary and saw “meet rahimii for noisy irritating music show.”
Pretty damn silly, I think.

I have always wanted to go to The Wall. Where is it and do they have shows nightly? I hate hip hop and the so called “rock” scene here. I need something a bit more heavy.