Mark Ramone is playing at The Wall on 8/31 - CANCELLED

I’m gonna be first at The Wall when the revolution comes.

Where are you guys going to be?

www.the-wall.com.tw

Its close to the gong guan MRT station, right next to some highways.

[quote=“urodacus”]correct. who cares what you wear as long as you like the music?

i did smile at a group of impeccably attired young punks I saw crossing the street in Dunhua one evening. Absolutely beautiful black and white check pants, stove pipes, braces, tartan scarf, simply perfect razor cuts through the shirts, balck or green mohawks perfectly chiselled and sculpted. Faces with nary a blemish or spot, and absolutely reeking of wads of cash. I bet their girlfriends wore LV handbags and prada dresses and hermes scarves…

Fashion is not punk! Punk is not fashion! but they either were not able or chose not to hear me…[/quote]

Ha ha! They were probablly the kids who work at Chaos Punk fashion store and the new Vicious Circle restaurant. The owner has gives lets them hang out at his store and gives them clothes in exchange for total loyalty. My friend used to work there and ol’ Dragon Head said they weren’t allowed to become friends with any of the customers and the “punk band” that was made up of store employees was not allowed to play any shows that the boss didn’t approve of or weren’t sponsored by the store. Kind of a Taiwanese-Malcolm McLaren.

[quote=“Josefus”]You don’t know what Marky Ramone plays?!
Yeah, you could say it’s punk rock or something.
Oof…Kids these days.[/quote]

Lets lynch the blasphemer!

Has the Queers’ show been cancelled…or just the Marky Ramone part?

(Oh, “punk rock”…well, you only get that if they can get your money(~sell the tickets) Punk is not dead. it just sucks now.)

[quote=“psalmanazar”]Has the Queers’ show been cancelled…or just the Marky Ramone part?

(Oh, “punk rock”…well, you only get that if they can get your money(~sell the tickets) Punk is not dead. it just sucks now.)[/quote]

OK according to The Wall’s site they canceled the gig and if you got the ticket online (I did) they will refund it, if you bought it early you can go back to the wall to have it refunded. Oh well… I guess I will set up practice on that day instead… or see if there’s a metal gig at the underworld.

Thanks for the heads-up, man. Yeah…the Wall had the money back to us in three days. Wow, that’s damn unbelievable! I mean, you know, half of the places you’d see a skankin’ punk show at would usually just disappear with the cash, ai-yo! (The club owner and some bimbos holed up in a LaQuinta Inn on a 3night/4day coke-fuelled phukfest, then blamin’ it all on Shriner Threat, or the Lord High Fixers or somebloody.)

In any case, it was a major disappointment. Would have loved to have seen the Queers.

Damn, the title of this thread should like totally be changed, coz I just read through like three pages of thread, only to find out that this gig has become like totally bogus.

So both gigs were axed?
That sucks. :frowning:

Yea man, its almost like bands from the States and Europe got no respect for Asia or something… I wish everyone was like Herman Li…

My first guess would be logistics. :s

My first guess would be logistics. :s[/quote]

Especially Taiwan.