Marketing in Taiwan?

Hi Chydals, thank you for your message. I will look at them. It seems there is going to be a food fair in Kaohsiung on October 20-23 as well.

1 Like

It’s called Santacruz, not Santa Fe. It’s also known as Uni-President Santa Cruz

The following article has a list of the largest Organic Food store chains as of 2018. Maybe you can reach out to the authors for contacts in the organic chain store sector - they may have written this article in English

Speaking of organic… how do I know it’s organic? Seems like every vegetable sold in supermarkets have that label. And if you go to the traditional market the vegetables look exactly the same, and is the same price too.

In Carrefour and PXMart, the organic vegetables are separated from the regular ones.

Well, I got vegetables at Costco that is labeled as organic. It’s priced the same as traditional market on a per pound basis though. It looks exactly the same as ones you buy from the traditional market…

I wouldnt bother vending at the kaohsiung fair, it isnt organized well. Avoid the vegetarian ones as well. But by all means visit them.

Are you looking for a.company to purchase or sale marketing.company. taiwan is FILLED with marketing and consulting companies. Dime a dozen. Note they wont purchase and many arent on a large enough scale to accept containers of dried fruit. then check price, there is donestic production already.

I would assume, at first glance, this wont be an amazing venture in taiwan, but could very well be wrong.

You know the farmer. Reality is you dont. You treat it as a “better chance of less poison”. Many organic products are not actually organic and they are always finding and fining companies for lieing. Its like how how people tend to trust other certifications.more, but they arent always garaunteed. Good example is the oil thing a few years back and being GMP certified.

GMP doesn’t mean anything anymore, so many GMP certified companies are caught doing something questionable. Like recently several GMP pharmaceutical companies were caught cheating…

I do not know how “organic” vegetables at Costco is, I would assume they take things more seriously there. But the produce there are either at, or slightly lower than traditional markets.

not always, If you compare on per pound basis not all the stuff at Costco is cheaper. some of it is significantly more expensive.
Costco is cheaper for dairy and meats, but not for produce.

Dear Explant,

Thank you for your suggestions

Exactly, thats my point. Same goes for certain organic certifications though probably less frequent than GMP.

Organic is easy to be cheap now, when done on scale. Its expensive due to small farmers’ efficiency and marketing.

Cost co is often cheper just on scale. Big stores still cheat sometimes. Remember the blueberries from canada a few years back that tested too high on, pesticides i think. Costco announced they dumped them, then the next day i was in kaohsiung costco and they got 2 employees full time selling them off cheap and fast in the store.

Then there’s this:

https://qr.ae/pNkkI2