Marriage, kids birth certificates without autherntication for visitor visas? Visit Gold Card Holder

I am going to get my gold card soon.
For my wife and kids, I would like them to go with me to Taiwan together ASAP.
I know for resident visas for them it needs many documents. So I am thinking just visitor visas for them.
The marriage and children’s birth certificates autherntication will take a month in another TECO office (the certs were issued in anther province in Canada).
If we only need visitor visas for them, can we apply with the original certs without authentication by another TECO office?

Last time I checked this with the TRO in the UK, they said that if you are applying for a visitor visa with a duration of less than three months the rules are less strict. They told my mom she did not need to authenticate my birth certificate to apply for a visitor visa. Ultimately we decided she would not visit due to the risks. I don’t know if the rules are the same in Canada. If you can, call and ask them to be certain.

1 Like

There’s are no Visitor Visa’s being offered at this point. You can apply for them to get a Residency Visa for a single trip to have them accompany you to Taiwan so they can get ARC cards. There are no landing visas, or similar options either. https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/Detail/6qJb0IbzLMT9EllcqPZTqw?typeid=158&fbclid=IwAR3YnGAKim0gKJVn9rez6Ea8_q8pIpgd76-PhLGFZnU936bOhmXNjKx22t8

Not correct. They are only issuing visitor visas actually, called COVID-19 special entry permits. Once in country you can then convert these to an ARC. Taiwan overseas missions will not currently give you a resident visa, even if you are the spouse of a Taiwan national. For some reason, they have decided to only issue these special entry permits during the pandemic, and they are still issuing them after this new update as long as you have a valid reason such as being the spouse or minor child of a Taiwan resident.

1 Like

Thanks guys!
For me, I just want to bring my wife and kids (5,7 yrs old) with me to Taiwan asap.
I don’t want to wait for another month to get the birth certs authernticated as all originals are with me and it doesn’t really make sense to go through with different TECO in two regions.

If they enter Taiwan on visitor visas, they will still need the authenticated documents to apply for their ARCs once in country.

No problem with that. Just don’t want to be trapped in Canada for another month

1 Like

You should really just go to the TECO with the docs you have and see what they accept. I actually just applied for a visitor visa to study in a degree program and technically they wanted the official acceptance letter and authenticated degree and transcript. I instead just had the email acceptance and unauthenticated degree/transcript but they still accepted my application. As someone else mentioned it may be that if you are applying for a single entry visitor visa for less than 90 days duration they lessen the requirements because once you get to Taiwan to convert to a resident permit and ARC you will need to present those documents then. I also think every single TECO implements policies differently regardless of what the written requirements say.

1 Like

Very true.