Marriage to a Taiwanese who has dual citizenship - HOW?

yeah okay, maybe we’ll do that after i propose haha. sorry guys if i asked earlier. i just want to be prepared. but it seems clear to me now. thank you for all your inputs haha​:blush::blush: :heart: :heart:

:handshake:
Goodluck.
Keep in touch about your marriage progress.

thanks I’ll updatr you guys when we get there :grinning::blush:

To Mod,
I decided to cross post this here. If it violates the no multipost rule, please remove this post.

getting married and registering the marriage are different things.

I believe a citizen and a foreigner can get married in Taiwan, unless the regulation has been changed.

Instructions for applying to notarize a marriage
https://www.judicial.gov.tw/QnA/en_content.asp?seq=248
As of Jan. 7, 2006

To register the marriage in Taiwan, it should be registered in the foreign spouse’s country.

No worries, Tando. :slight_smile:

it’s been too long. i am now engage :blush:
but I’m confused. i was just here at the household Registration and they told me that my filipino gf and I can’t get married here in Taiwan. we’re supposed to get married first in Philippines then have the marriage contract translated and authenticated then have it process here.

do guys have any idea about this? they said this is the new rule. but I’m not sure because my gf is working on a events venue and she has a lot of client with the same situation with us, but they got married first in taiwan.

The information they gave you is incorrect. You don’t have to marry abroad.

Get all the documents required in order and marry in Taiwan.
You can even marry if she is on Tourist Visa. But then she has to leave the country and apply for JFRV to get her ARC.

I assume you have Household Registration after reading your previous posts.

Article 5 of 戶政事務所辦理結婚登記作業規定 requests marriage abroad for foreign spouses from certain countries.

List of the 22 countries. In Chinese.

特定國家配偶來臺申請依親簽證手續說明
https://www.boca.gov.tw/dl-1763-c5577d44615748648d774fff51ec5a85.html

The countries are, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines, Myanmar, Senegal, Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Gambia, Pakistan, Mongol, Belarus, Ukraine, Uzbek, Kazakh, India, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh. As of 2018 Dec 10.

I think some of my old posts may be wrong.

1 Like

i guess i have no choice, this is the same thing they told me. They said it was allowed before, for Filipinos to get married here in Taiwan, but it changes many years ago.

anyways my gf and I are now starting to get the documents needed, and it’s a pain in the ass. the process is a lot longer, and more documents needed to be translated, notirize and authenticated.

thank you guys for sharing your inputs about this