Mary Jane Pizza

Found their website and called them and they are still in the same location so I must have made a mistake and searched for them in the wrong alley. The funny thing is that when I asked the store owner what happened to the pizza place, they told me that they are gone. Typical idiocy thats so prevalient here. :unamused:

Wasn’t it YOU who went looking in the wrong place? :wink:

yes of course but its not idiotic to search for a place in the wrong alley :loco: And it just confuses things more when I ask, " Did there used to be a pizza place here?" and the shop answers “they are already gone and we dont know if they moved or closed the business.” In fact there was no pizza business in that location and they just answered like that for no good reason.

Just like your signature"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

Touched a soft spot did I? Well my apologies then as it was unintentional. For the record, I think the :wink: after my previous post did indicate that I was joking, but I still didn’t mean to upset you, so sorry. :slight_smile:

no problem at all. Just explaining myself!

In fact, there have been other pizza places in that area that are now gone (Kiss pizza for one, was in a lane near Mary Jane’s, and was a small shop similar to Mary Jane’s). It closed and later reopened in another neighborhood. The store owner most likely was reasonably inferring that your question about a “pizza place” was in reference to the former Kiss pizza. Typical miscommunication perhaps. Hardly “idiocy”.

In fact, there have been other pizza places in that area that are now gone (Kiss pizza for one, was in a lane near Mary Jane’s, and was a small shop similar to Mary Jane’s). It closed and later reopened in another neighborhood. The store owner most likely was reasonably inferring that your question about a “pizza place” was in reference to the former Kiss pizza. Typical miscommunication perhaps. Hardly “idiocy”.[/quote]

Yes I was probably a bit to harsh in saying that.

Wow! I’m hearing Mary Jane has opened a new branch near Tai Da and it’s doing well already!

Address is: 台北市大安區溫州街89號 89 Wenzhou Rd, Tai Da, Taipei.

Best of luck, Jane!

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Wow! I’m hearing Mary Jane has opened a new branch near Tai Da and it’s doing well already!

Address is: 台北市大安區溫州街89號 89 Wenzhou Rd, Tai Da, Taipei.

Best of luck, Jane!

HG[/quote]
Cool. I still haven’t tried their pizza, but this is closer to my house.

I can run faster than Jane.

And in Blundstones too!

Since this has now been firmly established, the next time we split without paying, I slip out the back door and you run past the front. Agreed?

HG

I had my first taste of Mary Jane today. The 180NT lunch special was a salad, a pizza, and coffee. I had the pepperoni and it was delish. Thin and crispy crust. Very simple pie. Next time I will have them throw on some onions. The place is a few doors down from the Bastille. A welcome addition to the neighborhood. Viva la revolution!

Good to hear, Doc. The Jane in the eatery title can’t run as fast as Lord Lucan, but she’s a good stick.

HG

Mary Jane Pizza was (still is?) doing an all you can eat lunch special during weekdays, too.