Ma's butt on the campaign trail

The View from Taiwan blog has an entry on a campaign activity in Taizhong featuring the groping of Ma Ying-jeou’s butt. :eh:

And, yes, there are photos.

[quote=“cranky laowai”]The View from Taiwan blog has an entry on a campaign activity in Taizhong featuring the groping of Ma Ying-jeou’s butt. :eh:

And, yes, there are photos.[/quote]

I think that is pretty harmless and tame. He is pandering to the middle age ladies, but it is not offensive IMHO.

If this offends you, what do you think about the head of the GIO, Pasuya Yao, carousing with President Chen’s nurse and airline stewardesses the night before important diplomatic meetings in Latin America? Some people can function with little or no sleep. Obviously, he is not one of them :smiling_imp: His actions were similar to a high school student on his/her first trip overseas. A seasoned politician should be able to handle booze and sex without showing any fatigue. What a novice :smiling_imp:

You’ve got to fight for your right to

P A R T Y !

You’ve got to fight for your right to

P A R T Y !
[/quote]

Damn rights :bravo: . I just think a young politician should have better endurance. Drinking like an Irishman, having three or four rounds of sweaty pig sex with stewardesses and nurses, and then getting no sleep is not an excuse for putting in a lacklustre performance on the job. We’ve all done it in our youth :smiling_imp: He should have drank a bottle of Jolt, had a cold shower, and persuaded the nurse to give him an adrenalin shot.

Hell, these Taiwanese diplomats have their English speeches written for them anyways. :smiling_imp:

In any case, I think it is funny that the head of the GIO got overcharged at the hotel in Latin America, fell asleep at important meetings, and screwed up with planning logisitcs on Taiwan’s version of the Emmy’s a few weeks later-- which ended up costing ETTV one million NT dollars.

Let’s face it – a lot of Chen’s young advisors are not exactly the best and brightest administrators. They should be relying on foreign talent and career LTH people rather than practicing their own unique brand of Hoklo chauvinism.

Mayor Ma doesn’t listen to Beastie Boys.

[quote=“Chewycorns”]Hell, these Taiwanese diplomats have their English speeches written for them anyways. :smiling_imp:
[/quote]

this part is so true. they don’t even write their speeches in Chinese.

He’s more of an Air Supply kinda guy…or maybe Lobo. :laughing:

[quote=“mungacious”][quote=“Chewycorns”]Hell, these Taiwanese diplomats have their English speeches written for them anyways. :smiling_imp:
[/quote]

this part is so true. they don’t even write their speeches in Chinese.[/quote]
Who writes Bush’s speeches? Blair’s? Chirac’s?

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“mungacious”][quote=“Chewycorns”]Hell, these Taiwanese diplomats have their English speeches written for them anyways. :smiling_imp:
[/quote]

this part is so true. they don’t even write their speeches in Chinese.[/quote]
Who writes Bush’s speeches? Blair’s? Chirac’s?[/quote]

Bush, Blair, or Chirac write some of their own speeches or at least revise what other people have written. I would say there isn’t this level of collaboration in Taiwan. Or they will reinsert their own Chinglish – often stubbornly insisting that they are correct. :smiling_imp:

More interesting information this week about the GIO “chief” in the Taipei Times. Yesterday, after being questioned in the Legislative Yuan, Pasuya Yao couldn’t even remember his own salary. If the head of the GIO can’t even understand something that basic, how can the public expect him to analyze information in a proper manner? Then, on October 11, he signed an exchange agreement with Senegal. What an excellent GIO bureaucrat Taiwan has. He was unaware of the pending severing of ties. :laughing:

I hope Chen gets rid of his “young advisor” group. They are incompetent, stupid, and xenophobic to the core.

Some people don’t know how to govern.