Massage therapist: English speaking, Female, not blind?

Where can I find an ENGLISH speaking, FEMALE, licensed massage therapist in Taipei who is NOT blind? :help:

[color=green]Mod note: title modified for clarity.[/color]

I thought they had to be blind to get a license.

Is that true? I have nothing against blind people, but I’ve gotten many massages in my life and never one from a blind person. If that’s the ONLY alternative, then some recommendations in that area would be appreciated.

I find it hard to believe that not a single female masseuse from the U.S., Canada, or Australia has not set up shop in Taipei. They’d make a killing! In the U.S. sometimes massage therapists work out of large health clubs, so might that be an avenue to explore?

Is that true? I have nothing against blind people, but I’ve gotten many massages in my life and never one from a blind person. If that’s the ONLY alternative, then some recommendations in that area would be appreciated.[/quote]Some of them are very good. Maybe not for physiotherapy, but to get the knots out…

Is that true? I have nothing against blind people, but I’ve gotten many massages in my life and never one from a blind person.[/quote]

You’ll never know unless you try. I’ve had superb massages from blind masseuses/masseurs.

Is that true? I have nothing against blind people, but I’ve gotten many massages in my life and never one from a blind person.[/quote]

You’ll never know unless you try. I’ve had superb massages from blind masseuses/masseurs.[/quote]
Perhaps…I don’t want any “extras”, but are any of them hot? I have a right to be picky with my $$, and I can’t see myself enjoying a massage from a “blind grandma”. :unamused:

What’s with the massage industry being a blind person’s thing in Taiwan anyway? Someone care to explain that one for me? I guess if I try to answer it myself, it is an industry that gives visually impaired people a career option that does not require sight as much as skill and a tactile sense. However, I don’t know if that is the rationale.

[quote=“71Classic”]What’s with the massage industry being a blind person’s thing in Taiwan anyway? Someone care to explain that one for me? I guess if I try to answer it myself, it is an industry that gives visually impaired people a career option that does not require sight as much as skill and a tactile sense. However, I don’t know if that is the rationale.[/quote]Bingo

If you’re blind, you can do massage.
If you’re crippled, you can sell raffle tickets. The government will teach you how to look pathetic and ram your wheelchair into people so they can’t ignore you.
It’s so humanitarian.