Massive explosion in Beirut

Not really. Government is broke, society in crisis, too much corruption, bad governance. Hospitals collapsed due to COVID and now this.

:man_facepalming:

This has to be seen to be believed. Like something out of a movie.

1 Like

Crazy how the shock wave affects the clouds.

Before and after satellite images…

There’s no way that “only” killed 150 people. A lot of people are probably buried under all that. That count is going to skyrocket.

2 Likes

Delete.

https://nationalpost.com/news/beirut-blast-measured-2-75-kilotons-how-does-that-compare-with-other-major-explosions-in-history

Well, what we do know is that you don’t know what happened. None of us know, so why try and create something that isn’t there? Stop listing to the silly chatter. It’s just idiots who know nothing who try and impress everyone else by making stuff up.

:wall:

Yes, and it’s become ubiquitous in character shorthand and in plot movement in Hollywood since 2001.

It just is what it is at this point. Islamic terrorist = “allahu akbar” :idunno:

Depends on what time it blew up right? It’s a port…so if off hours, then not a lot of folks would be around one might surmise. I heard many of the injured were miles away and got glass and concrete rained on them.

So, all kinds of Biblical rain of fire from the sky. Horrific.

So, don’t go online at all? :woozy_face:

Reminds me of quakes in the old country. They usually only reveal the initial victim count, you know, so not to scare the tourists.

Then you never really know how many people perished.

On a positive note:

I thought that’s what the terrorist shouts.

3 Likes

Statement by the Roscosmos State Corporation for Space Activities

Roscosmos continues monitoring the emergencies via the Russian orbit group. During the period from July 30 to August 6, 2020, more than 533 thousand square kilometers of data was sent to Russia’s Emergencies Ministry with over 23 thousand square kilometers sent to the International Charter on Space & Major Disasters.

http://en.roscosmos.ru/21615/

All kinds of intrigue, bribery, etc…

1 Like

He was ONLY paid 1 million to illegally transport tonnes of unstable explosives? Some people really have no sense of self-preservation…

1 Like